Friday, January 6, 2012

Galvanized Oil Can and the Number 9

My sweet children know me oh so well.

All three of my kids ordered my Christmas gifts off of Etsy this year… without me knowing. 

Cool, huh?

I will show you what my girls  got me soon, but today I want to show you what my son chose for his mama.


oilcan 1

This beautiful little oil can came from Urban Farmgirl's etsy shop.  Isn’t it great?


He also found this wonderful number 9, which, of course, is my favorite number.


number 9 2


I wish I knew which shop this metal #9 came from so I could tell you.  If/When I find out, I will let you know so you can visit her shop.  (edited...found at Creative Artifacts)


oilcan 2


See the little word “joy” in the background.  Yes, that’s what all of my children bring me.


oilcan 4

Didn’t my son do just great with my gift?

***Before I tell you the parties that I am linking up to tonight, I want to give a congratulations to someone.

CONGRATULATIONS to my “sister” Becky from the beautiful and inspirational blog,  Buckets of Burlap.   Her home was featured in  not one, but two, beautiful  magazines this week.    This lady has an eye and a heart for beauty and her home is farmhouse fabulous, to say the least.

I am most positive that all of you already follow Becky, but if you don’t, you have to go to her blog and see what she has been up to in her dining area  and what her plans are for January.  I, for one, can’t wait to learn from her this month. 

Not only will you love her style, you will fall in love with her and her family just like I have.  Oh, and her husband, Mr. Buckets, is one outstanding carpenter.

Okay…now I am heading over to LaurieAnna's for her Farmhouse Friday party.

Also linking up over at Donna's at Funky Junk Interiors
Print

18 comments:

Becky C said...

What a great oil can...the cutest I've ever seen!! And the lead #9 is perfect for you. I love how you put it all together on that old chippy white chair. LOVE
He is a sweet young man to get you those vintage things you love!

And thanks so much for cheering me on from Tennessee...for always encouraging & supporting me :) Lots of love

Tricia said...

What a sweet boy you have, Amy. He did a great job. Hope your year is off to a good start :)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Your children have you pegged! What a lucky mom you are.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

I love this!!! Your kids know you well...and really want to make you happy. So special♥

Linsey

Blondie's Journal said...

Amy...your kids are smart and thoughtful. I am such a fan of etsy and can't get enough of the one of a kind finds! The watering can id wonderful and I love the little JOY letters. That is my "word" for the year!

I love Becky's blog and I am so happy for her being featured in the magazines. I am always inspired by her beautiful home and sense of simple style. Hurray for her!!

XO,
Jane

cityfarmer said...

that is the cutest story in blogland!

you've rained them well my friend.
forever a memory

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Amy that is so pretty!! Your kids did good ❤

Kelly said...

I didn't realize that she was your sister! You're just like me then having a sister that blogs. Ha! I have seen her blog and saw her home featured on The Old Painted Cottage too. It's so pretty! I love your gifts that your son gave you. That was VERY thoughtful of him! You're a lucky mom to receive those.

It's me said...

Hi Ami.....is Becky your sister ??? nice to hear....What a great job your kids did !!........Have a nice weekend darling....love from me...xxx....every day is the best day !!!

It's me said...

I mean great taste your kids have !! just like their mom....xxx...

Pattie said...

Amy love the oil can, Sounds like your boy is the sweetest He did a good job

Debbie said...

I am having the biggest "duh" moment. You have mentioned Becky so many times yet I keep on forgetting to simply click a link and visit a blog.

Now, that's just blonde, isn't it?

I love what your very observant son gave you. He knows his mom very well. That says something very good!

I had to go back and find the JOY. That's been happening a lot recently, but I'm determined to find it.

Fishtail Cottage said...

what a great post! popping over from Laurie Anna's Vintage home to say hello! oxox, tracie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh I love that darling oil can. I saw Becky's home in the magazine...sooooo happy for her:)

Blessings,
Linda

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Blessings abound @ All Things Home! YES!!! I'd say your son did a fine job choosing your Christmas gift! I'll visit your sister's blog soon! Busy time...have a wonderful week, dear friend!
Fondly,
Pat

NanaDiana said...

You have some smart kids there, Ames! I LOVE it that they know what will please their Mama! Your watering can is wonderful and I love your number 9~

I love Buckets of Burlap and I found her through your blog orginally.

Happy Sunday! xo

A Fine Farmhouse said...

What a lucky lady ! Your kids are so wonderful to go to Etsy to shop for you ! Wonderful goodies !
Blessings to you...and I look forward to keeping up with you on YOUR blog as well as your sweet sister.

michele said...

gorgeous finds and gifts!

come visit anytime.

smiles.

michele