Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Little Bit of Christmas In the Bedroom

Hey sweet friends!

“Christmas Time’s a Comin”….How is that for southern Tennessee talk from a good old Christmas song?  Someone told me recently how much they enjoyed listening to me and my daughter talk because we had such a southern accent.   It used to embarrass me when I was younger for someone to say that.  Now, I wear that accent proudly, y’all.

I LOVE Christmas!  I LOVE celebrating the birth of our precious Savior!  I love spending time with my family and friends.  I love picking out just the right gifts for people I love.  I love looking at my twinkling Christmas tree lights.  I love boiled custard.  I love nuts and bolts cooked just like my nanny used to fix them. 

Boy, could I go on and on.  I won’t though.

I usually don’t put any Christmas décor in my bedroom but decided this year that I had the perfect place for a little tree.

See what I did …

bedroom tree 5


bedroom tree 4

This beautiful little star was handmade by a special friend named Becky from Junk to Joy.  She is one talented and sweet lady.

bedroom tree 6


bedroom tree


bedroom tree 7


Isn’t it great how something so simple can bring big pleasure?

I do hope each and everyone of you are feeling  the joy, peace, and love that God so freely gives.

Have a blessed day, friends.

Linking up over at the beautiful LaurieAnna's
Print

21 comments:

The Summer Porch said...

Well, after reading such joy coming from you and seeing what you did with your tree placed in the basin with all that twine etc., I too could go on and on Amy! :)
Amazing!!!
Oh How I love country.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs Rosemary...xx
P.S. I hope your Mother is keeping well.

Pattie said...

Amy I think it's cute..I love decorating my bedroom at Christmas.. I glad to see someone else who did... Your home is lovely too...Merry Christmas to you and your family.I thought I had you on my sidebar But I can't seem to find it,So I'm doing it now....

BECKY said...

Love your bedroom Christmas decor, girl! And love that the star is your little tree topper! Too cute! You're a blessing gal!

I have somehow managed to get a little bug! UGH! All of us girls are suppose to go wedding dress shopping on Friday! I'm praying that I will be better by then.

It does feel great to really begin to enjoy this time of year. Have a bunch of stuff to get done, but no pressure. Won't allow it!

Love and hugs to you!
And Christmas blessings, too!
Becky

Agnes Borja Rosen said...

I loved your little vignette...so cool! Happy Holidays! Agnes

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

I LOVE it Amy!! The enamalware bowl is simply perfect for your little JOY tree :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

Chubby N Chieque said...

Wow! what a gorgeous and a cutie bling!

Isn't it true, that simple is beautiful? Absolutely, true seeing your Christmas deco.

Greetings from a slippery & freezing Stockholm,
/chie

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Oh Amy! I love it!!
I always love seeing your photos!
They are always filled with wonderful inspiration.

Hugs,
Tam

Okie Chic said...

So sweet I really love the little star on the tree just added an extra sweetness!

Blondie's Journal said...

How simple and pretty, Amy! The basin is just perfect for your little tree! Love the topper, too!

Happy Holidays!

XO,
Jane

Lap Dog Knits said...

I love your bedroom decorations...very sweet.

Vintage, clean, simple, light...

all good things..

I'm wishing you a blessed holiday.

Passionate for White said...

Great idea!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

It's so pretty! Love the tree in your bedroom. Our room sure get's left behind at Christmas :( Have a wonderful week!
XO
Kristin

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

It's beautiful. I would love waking up and seeing this first thing in the morning.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Oh - I like!! Very much!

NanaDiana said...

Loving it, Amy~ That ought to put a little extra blessing in your bedroom~love the tree in the old wash basin.

I hope you are doing well and I hope your Mom is doing okay, too! xo Diana

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

This is just lovely! I love the enamel dish pan! It's amazing! I'm a new follower! I love your blog!

Debbie said...

That's just perfect, Amy. I never decorate my bedroom. I think a sweet tree like that would be so pretty.

I love the way you use burlap. I have tried around here, but except for in the fall, I can't get it to look the way I want it to.

Robin said...

It looks so pretty. I love the tiny tree with all the burlap and the enameled bowl.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

So, so, so pretty! I just love your little tree and the framed fabric behind it is the perfect background!

A Cottage Muse said...

Simply perfect!

PattieJ said...

That tree looks adorable! I love it in that enamel pan sooo cute!