Thursday, November 3, 2011

La Mesa-A Gift From a Friend

Hey my friends!!!

I hope you will indulge me as I show you quite a few photos today of a beautiful gift I received from our friends from Louisiana.

Becky’s husband, Mr. Buckets as we lovingly refer to him, is a fabulously talented carpenter and craftsman.  This man can build anything and everything that he sets his mind to.  I was fortunate enough for him to set his mind on building something for me.  I mean like really really fortunate because what he built me is incredible. 

Hang with me for a few minutes and see what I am talking about.  

table 1

table 6

Can you tell what my gift was?

Take a bigger look at La Mesa…(The Table)

table 32

Yes, this beautiful piece of furniture is in my living room and, quite frankly, I am in love.

table 17

table 2

table 5

table 3

table 8

table 10

table 9

table 12

table 24

table 31

table 29

What did I tell you??  Beautiful, isn’t it?

  Mr. Buckets did a fabulous job!  Actually, I think Mr. Buckets rocks!  He doesn’t know it, but I’m kind of claiming him as a brother now.  (not just because he built me a table but because he’s a super guy)

Thanks for sticking around a few extra minutes.

Blessings, friends.

Print

19 comments:

cityfarmer said...

I want one!!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh you are so right, your table is fabulous . He really did do a super job and your have everything displayed so beautifully on it. Great treasure. Hugs, Marty

judi said...

wow amy,
that is one beautiful table and i love how you've decorated it with all that vintage goodness!
judi

Mary said...

i love it! what a great and thoughtful gift! :)

BECKY said...

Wow Amy!! WOW!! What an amazing table!! I know it brings you such joy! And you have done a lovely job of styling it, too!! Love that Becky's hubby made it! It will make a wonderful heirloom piece!

Have a lovely Friday, sweetie!
Hugs n joy!
Becky

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Your new table is gorgeous and I love how you have added all your personal special things to it. Lovely!
I love your blog. Found you through blog hopping around. I am signing on as one of your new followers. Hope you have a sec and come and visit me too.

blessings,
Danielle

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Amy...what a beautiful table! I've been enjoying seeing how you and Becky played house ~ what fun to have a good friend to play with!

Barbara said...

My you do love that rustic look, my sofa is Mosy Oak design, lol so we are true Country too, hugs

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Oh my goodness,
What an amazingly fantastic gift!!! You are so fortunate to have such lovely friends! And they are pretty lucky to have you too!
The table looks just beautiful and is perfect in your home!
Enjoy and have a lovely weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Vintage Begonia said...

Loving all of it!! You have a charming blog!
Happy Holidays,
Jackie

Pattie said...

OH Amy... It's just beautiful... and everything on it and in it To Die For. Enjoy your weekend

Geneva said...

I'm loving your table...he did a great job! I also like the way you've styled it. I'll be sharing this post with my better half...wish me luck! ":o)

Heaven's Walk said...

Five words: AWESOME TABLE AND AWESOME FRIEND! :)

xoxo laurie

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

What a great friend! It's a wonderful table and you have decorated it beautifully. Did he finish it for you as well or did you give it that beautiful finish?

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What a generous and beautiful gift!

Kristy said...

LOVE it all! The stacked chair and stool is beautifully arranged. I would never have thought of that.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

ohmygosh, this is fabulous, Love it! Thanks for sharing the fun of this great gifty!! xoxo

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Love your table!
Love your little green chair!
Love your stack of burlap (a new obsession of mine )!
Oh heck, I love it all!!!
;)
Tam

Green Willow Pond said...

Wow, if that's the kind of gifts you get for your birthday, I want to be you! That is an awesome table Amy! I love the white wash finish on it. It looks great in your living room.