Monday, November 14, 2011

Basket Full of Lavender

Hey my friends!

 

Beautiful 78 degree weather here in middle Tennessee today and a great day to harvest some beautiful lavender that I grew over the summer.

 

We have had a few nights where temps got down to freezing and I had to cover the lavender up.  I really didn’t want to take any chances of losing it before I got it harvested, so I  decided today was a good day to bring it in.

 

lavender 2

 

lavender 1

 

The smell is fabulous and it looks gorgeous in this beautiful white basket.

 

Speaking of basket…I had a precious friend bring me a basket full of goodies Sunday afternoon.  Just because.

 

yes gift

 

gift 4

 

Such a sweet gift from a sweet lady. 

 

Aren’t surprise gifts fun?  Aren’t old friends a blessing?

 

Hope you have had a wonderful Monday and that the rest of your week is truly blessed.

Print

9 comments:

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Oh I love your lavender....Not sure if I will be able to grow it here in SC. This summer I went to a lavender farm in Oregon and it was just breathtaking............

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ahhhh Amy I love your lavender!! I want to grow lavender so bad but can't seem to for some reason ~
I love the smell of it so much!

BECKY said...

How cool that you grew your own! I know it must smell fabulous!!

And I agree with you about old friends, but I sure am thankful for new friends, too...like you!!

I truly appreciate your encouraging and inspiring ways, girl! Thanks so much for being you!!

Love ya
Becky

Becky C said...

Amy, the lavender is gorgeous. I bet it smells incredible in your house. What a perfect white basket to place it in. Love how you put it on the chair. It all looks so pretty together.
Sounds like such nice weather there. I wish we were there for Thanksgiving :) Hope you have a wonderful day

Tricia said...

Oh, lucky you, Amy! I had one little lavender plant this year. It doesn't really grow well here, it's mostly an annual.

Gypsy Heart said...

Lavender is so wonderful! I can only imagine how your house must smell. You seem to have done a great job with growing it too.

Gifts are always wonderful to give or receive...and this type of gift is one of the best!

How is your mom doing?

xo
Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

Lavender is so wonderful! I can only imagine how your house must smell. You seem to have done a great job with growing it too.

Gifts are always wonderful to give or receive...and this type of gift is one of the best!

How is your mom doing?

xo
Pat

Debbie said...

I love the smell of lavender and would love to grow some myself some time. I love the way it looks in your home, and I can only imagine the aroma.

And yes, surprises are pretty wonderful. Old friends are too.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Love that adorable 1900 piece near your fresh lavender. So pretty together - and what a nice gift!!!