Sunday, November 20, 2011

Non-Traditional and Simple

Hello my sweet friends.

 

What a wonderful night last night was!!

 

We celebrated an early Thanksgiving last night with my immediate family.  That  included my wonderful brother and his family and my precious mom and her sweet husband.  (lots of adjectives there,  I know, but I want to make sure you know how special my family is to me)

 

Because of mom’s treatments, her appetite has been a little off so I  wanted Thanksgiving dinner to taste good to her most of all.

 

We decided on a very non-traditional meal with the main dish being a fabulous recipe that my oldest daughter makes.   Stromboli and taco soup were the highlights of the  menu with lots of tasty sides.

 

 

stromboli 5

 

 

 

stromboli 6

 

 

 

stromboli 7

 

 

 

stromboli 8

 

 

 

stromboli 10

 

Let me show you just a few before pictures of this deliciousness…

 

stromboli 3

 

 

 

stromboli 4

 

 

 

stromboli 1

 

 

 

stromboli 5

 

 

Hope you can read this recipe..  Let me know if you can’t.

 

 

stromboli 2

 

 

To go along with our delicious but simple menu, I decided to do a pretty simple table setting on both the dining room table and kitchen table.

 

Kitchen table…

 

kitchen table 2

 

 

 

kitchen table

 

 

Dining Room…

 

 

dr table

 

 

 

plates

 

 

 

centerpiece

 

 

Isn’t that just a beautiful color pumpkin?  I kind of wish it would last forever.

 

 

Along with the great main foods, there are, of course, the sweets.  I will have to share with you a very easy pumpkin bar dessert recipe that my youngest daughter fixed.  Will show you that later.

 

 

Yes, the food was incredible last night.  But, the most incredible part of the evening was time spent with my family.  I am truly a blessed lady and am so thankful for the family God has given to me.

Print

14 comments:

Barb said...

So warm - the food looks delicious, your home and your table setting are just so inviting and I can feel the love you have for your family.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Family and loved ones is what it is all about. Sounds like a fabulous meal and a wonderful time. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

It all looks so delicious, Amy! I know new and great memories were made last night!

XO,
Jane

sissie said...

Hi Amy,
What a wonderful idea to have Thanksgiving early with your wonderful family. Sounds like so much fun.
Also, the stromboli looks wonderful and I'm going to have to try it. My family would love it.

Your tablesettings are so pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Amy - The food looked outstanding. Yes, I can read the recipe fine and I think I'm going to try it. Your table is beautiful! Everything looks so homey. How wonderful that you were all able to be together. A grateful Thanksgiving indeed!
Connie (akaLOU)

Becky C said...

Yum!! It looks like the food was delicious, and makes a gorgeous photo. The table settings were so simple and elegant! Love all of your farmhouse touches...
Sounds like everyone had a blessed Holiday!
Miss you all
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Amy,

Your stromboli looks delicious and your table is beautiful!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Pam

NanaDiana said...

What a fun, non-traditional way to celebrate Thanksgiving. I love your all white table AND that pumpkin is AWESOME! xo Diana

pballard said...

So pretty. Thanks for sharing. Not sure if I missed a previous post about your mother. My mom has had cancer for the last year and my dad is ill as well. I am very thankful this year to have them both. Blessings Pam
p.s. Your blog inspires me. Blessings

BECKY said...

Oh Amy! I'm so glad you got to have a fun and festive celebration! And I just bet your family loved all of your special touches! Love the kitchen table centerpiece...just lovely! I'm sure you are the hostess with the mostest!! :o)

Love and hugs to you!!
Becky

Sarah. . .myyellowhouse said...

I love your non-traditional Thanksgiving...it's the time spent with family that's important, not the day. It sounds like you had a wonderful day with those you love -what could be more perfect. :)

Your table was gorgeous! I love the centerpiece. Enjoy the rest of the season. xo
sarah

Pattie said...

Yummy Amy looks good I guess I missed dinner...LOL .. One of the best things is family..Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours..

Sandra said...

I love the simple table decorations. The stromboli looks delicious!

Candi said...

That stromboli looks DELICIOUS! I will definitely be trying it. Funny I came to your blog from another blog but I knew as soon as I saw your friends pictures you were in Tullahoma. Once you've seen Rutledge Falls, you know it in any pictures :)