Monday, November 28, 2011

A Friend Called It Hollywood Glamour..Before and After

My oldest daughter decided she wanted to redo her bedroom and make it a little more “girly”.  (my word, not hers)  She really is not a girly girl, but very much of a sporty girl.  She has never done ruffles or pink or…you get the picture.

Her room went from everything this…

ut

to what a friend called Hollywood glamour…

full bed


bed


lamp 1


words 2


candles


globe


Isn’t it beautiful? 

Even with all of these beautiful feminine touches, she still has that sporty, tom-boy side.

She has a little hallway in her bedroom that holds these prize possessions…


posters


She did a great job, didn’t she?  Mom was not allowed to help.  This was all her and what she wanted.    And now, she has it all fixed up for Christmas and it is even more sparkly and beautiful.

***

I have been decorating my house for Christmas for the last two days and still lack my tree.  It’s funny, because really my decorations are more simple than ever and I am using lots of natural elements in my house, but it seems like it’s taking me a long time to get done.

I am loving the way it is all coming together.  Can’t wait to show you.
Print

13 comments:

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Oh it's beautiful Amy. She did a great job! See, she is "picking" it up from you but with her own style which will keep evolving with time. Yes, I do think it looks Hollywood glamorous but elegant. Can't wait for your Christmas reveal.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love every bit of your daughter's room! Especially that gorgeous bedspread with the ruffles!! How proud you must be that she did it all herself...she's definitely talented!

I can't wait to see all of your decorations and your tree. I'm sure it's going to look beautiful!

XO,
Jane

Tricia said...

She did a great job! I love all the ruffles :)

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Wow Amy, she did an amazing job!! It looks very "Hollywood glamour!"
I just put my tree up last night and I think I'm pretty much done. Maybe... :0)
Hope your having a beautiful week and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your wonderful e-mail!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

http://knickknackpaddywack.blogspot.com said...

LOVE her bedspread. :) Do you mind if I asked where you got it? Or did you sew the ruffles on??? LOVE it. :)

Andrea said...

She did do a great job! I love it! = )

BECKY said...

Wow, Amy! She did a great job on it!! Love it! And I love her little hallway decor, too! Gotta like that Tim Tebow!! I may be going to hear his Mom speak next week at a ladie's tea. She was suppose to speak to my homeschool group a few years ago, but got sick. :(

Looking forward to seeing your decor! We get our tree this weekend. I am also going more simplified and natural. Simple beauty. Sounds good!

Hugs and love to you!
Becky

Gypsy Heart said...

My kinda girl! :-) I love it...and she did a fabulous job. I know you're proud of her.

How is your Mom? Still have the prayers going for her.

xo
Pat

Becky C said...

I just love what she did to her room!! That "sporty" girl sure has good Hollywood taste :) Love the sparkle, shine, and especially the ruffles!! What a very talented designer you are raising :)
Love the sports posters, too...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you have done for simple farmhouse Christmas decor!!! I know you have been a busy gal...
Can't wait :)

SEE YOU SOON!!!! Lots of hugs

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What a nice room; my girls would have loved something like this when they were younger. She did a great job.

Looking foward to seeing your decorations, too.

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Oh I love it. She has her own style and she has her mom's talent. BTW, how is your mom doing?

Elisabeth said...

Your daughter did a great job! Love the ruffled bedspread.

I just found your blog a few days ago when I googled winter mantles. I loved what you did last year to your mantle.

I got the idea to take an old picture frame I had and make it into a chalkboard like you had on your mantle.

Looking forward to seeing what you do in your house for Christmas.

A Cottage Muse said...

LOVE it! I want to redo Jac's room Hollywood glam but I think she is leaving my nest...I'm sad! Hopefully she'll let me help her feather her first nest!