Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fireplace Mantel Makeover

Two posts in one day certainly isn’t something I normally do, but today I am.

My mantel recently got a pre-Christmas makeover and I wanted you to see it before I do my Christmas mantel in just a few days.

fireplace 1


fireplace 2


fireplace 4


fireplace 5


fireplace 6


fireplace 3


My friends, when you have a dated orange oak fireplace that you cannot paint, you try to do what you can to lighten her up.  And then you be content because you are happy to have a fireplace.

I probably won’t be posting for a few days, but please know that I am thankful for each and everyone of you that the Lord has brought into my life.  I am thankful for opportunities to make new friends.

I wish each of you a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving.

Have fun spending time with friends and family, eating turkey and shopping black Friday sales!  Chat soon…

Linking up with:

Print

13 comments:

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Your mantel looks so pretty. I love all of the natural elements.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Pam

Donna said...

How pretty! I really love the box with the hydrangeas in it, great color! Your fireplace is much more current than ours! We have a red brick one circa late 1960's, and there is no way I could convince hubby to paint it!!

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Amy -

What a great idea of displaying a wreath over your fireplace without attaching to the wall. I don't think I would have ever thought of that. Also love that tall architectural piece which adds an interesting element to your display. Perfect little bench. Everyone should have one. Happy Thanksgiving ~ and continuing to send up prayers for your mother.

Connie LOU

Mariaelena said...

Amy, such a nice display...as always...I'm loving the little cabinet you have next to the fireplace too...great vignette!!...Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...xo, Mariaelena

sissie said...

Very pretty Amy. I like the bench in the front of the hearth with the little chair on top. I like it all!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too.

hugs
Sissie

Debbie said...

I love that big old tall thingie! Actually, the whole thing looks wonderfully light, just as you wanted. The stuff in front of it looks as nice as the stuff on the mantel.

Have a most blessed Thanksgiving, Amy.

Mary said...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving! :)
Your decorating ALWAYS looks wonderful!

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Amy,
Truly beautiful!! I love the wreath and the little tree in the sap bucket.
I hope you and your family have a beautiful and joyous Thanksgiving!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Barb said...

Love your mantel - very creative! Can't wait to see your Christmas Creation!

Becky C said...

All those pretty things, and you don't even notice the mantel color ;)
Love all of your simple farmhouse decor, Amy. I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...love you all

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Well I think it looks lovely...but I can not wait to see you change it for Christmas...can you believe its just about a month away!!! x0

Anonymous said...

Hi there.. I had the same mantel... I sanded it,and painted it white.. I love it,and did it in a evening....Love your blog so much... Keep posting...

Stephanie said...

Looks great Amy! Remind me - did Hubby say no to painting the mantel?