Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Little Corner in the Dining Room

Happy November 1st to all of you, my friends.  Hard to believe that November is actually here.  Time flies, doesn’t it?

 

In my last post, I told you that while my friend Becky was here, we played a lot around my house.  We did some major change ups with furniture and such.

 

I showed you the corner in my dining room with the salvaged screen door and ladder.  Now I want to show you another little corner of the room where one of my favorite  tables now lives.

 

This chippy green table was a favorite flea market find.

 

green table

 

Notice the beautiful new curtains.  They are actually gorgeous throws from IKEA that we used as curtains.  I also have one that I use on an upholstered red chair that I am trying to hide.  These are so versatile and lovely.

 

green table 2

 

green table 4

 

You will find stacks of old books all over our home. 

 

green table 5

 

I have got so  much more to show you all so come back again soon and see what else we played around with.

 

Take care and God bless.

Print

14 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This looks beautiful, Amy! I think I have the same throw from IKEA, although I never would have been creative enough to use them as curtains...lovely! The little blue table is fabulous, too. I love how you have accessorized everything so nicely! Very well done! :-)

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

Love THAT corner, too! That is a great old green chippy table, Amy! xo Diana

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

You used THROWS for curtains?!? What a terrific idea! I love the look.

Melissa said...

LOVE IT!

sissie said...

Hi Amy,
I love your little corner in the dining room. It's so sweet. That green chippy table is wonderful.

hugs
Sissie

Robin said...

Another fabulous corner. You two are on a roll. The table is so pretty and I love the metal balanced with the vintage books.

Debbie said...

So much house playing. So little time! I love the idea of the throws on the windows. I can tell even from the picture that it's a cozy look.

I really love that galvanized bucket with the dried hydrangeas!

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Beautiful!
I want an old shutter. :)

What a great idea for your curtains.

Love it all,
Tam

Jenni said...

Ooh, I love what you did to make those curtains! How clever! :) And I love that sweet table and how you decorated it. The ruffled runner is SO cute!

Blessings,
Jenni

Ginger said...

Love the little teapot! Such a sweet little spot you've created.

Tricia @ A Rosy Note said...

What a pretty little spot, Amy. It sounds like you and Becky had a lot of fun together :)

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

I love this Amy!! The green table, the shutters and the pages on the shutters are all so adorable. It looks so cozy.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Just beautiful! I'm heading over to the Ikea site to check out throws; I need something heavier for a couple windows before it gets cold.

michelle said...

Another beautiful vignette Amy! You have such a way of putting things together. The curtains are a great idea, love them! I really need to get to Ikea soon!!
Happy November to you too!!
xoxo