Thursday, October 6, 2011

Vintage Travels

Wouldn’t you love to pack up this pretty little suitcase and take it on a trip somewhere?

 

suitcase 3

 

Can I just tell you how much I love timeless treasures?  Even if they have no part in the history of my family, they still speak volumes to my heart.

 

suitcase 2

 

Oh, how I am loving the rich browns, purples and greens this fall. 

 

suitcase 4

 

suitcase 1

 

Sometime soon, I want to share with you what I consider my “style” to be and why I love what I love.

 

crate

 

Take a look at this beautiful plaid blanket.  This beauty is heavy and warm.  Another yardsale find…

 

egg basket 1

 

One of my favorite things to decorate with are bundles of books…especially books that are uncovered.  Wrap them with a little bit of twine and there you have it.

 

egg basket 2

 

Isn’t this is a great basket to put all of your eggs in?  Or maybe all your books…

 

I am really looking forward to the weekend.  There will be lots of work going on but also some relaxing time with all my family at home.  Hubby has been gone all week on a business trip so we are ready for him to get back home.

 

My sweet friends, I pray blessings for each and everyone of you.

 

I am partying over at :

 

LaurieAnna's Farmhouse Friday

 

Common Ground

Print

19 comments:

Becky C said...

Hey my sister! Your little vintage suitcase is fabulous! It is an awesome contrast with the white table. And you know how I love your chippy green frame above with the wreath :)
Can't wait to hear all about your amazing style.
I'm so glad your hubby will be home soon...you all have a wonderful weekend
Love you lots

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

What a great old suitcase. I would love the know the places it has been. The old basket is wonderful as well. Love the color.

MARY PERNULA said...

Wonderful post, love the books in the aple basket. Hugs Mary

NanaDiana said...

Hi Ames- Whatever you consider your style to be-it always says Down Home comfort to me! Love it all-especially the luggage and the old wire basket! xo Diana

Robin said...

Your suitcase is amazing. I love all the brass hardware. Enjoy your weekend.

Debbie said...

My dad had several pieces of luggage like that. I think they might have belonged to his dad first, but I'm not sure. My brother had them. I need to ask Mom what ever happened to them.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Amy ~ I love your treasures ~
That is a really neat old suitcase ~ I would love to live in the time when those were used ~ I love the clothes so much!

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Amy,
Wow, I love your suitcase and that vintage basket filled with old books. You always have the greatest treasures throughout your home!
I hope your Mom is doing well and hope you have a lovely weekend!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Grammy Goodwill said...

That suitcase really sets my mind to wandering about where it may have been and the people who have carried it.

Ido said...

That is indeed a beautiful suit case. I love that vignette with the old door knob and everything, the basket and the book look gorgeous together.
Enjoy your weekend!
XXX Ido

The Summer Porch said...

Hi Amy ~ I'm just new to your blog and I really love your style! You seem to have a lot of sentimental pieces mixed througout. I do love worn pieces myself, just love this post!
Hope your Mom is doing well.
Hugs Rosemary...

Vicki said...

Love the suitcase, the book bundles and that blanket. Everything is so cozy.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Hi Amy.
Lovin' all of your fall touches...and I, too, can't wait to hear all about your style. Have fun with Becky...what a blessing sisters in the Lord are. I had to laugh about you working so hard to get ready...i NEED deadlines to get me moving, too:)
I am happy to hear your mother is doing well...
Rene

Tricia @ A Rosy Note said...

You have some wonderful treasures there, Amy. I adore your egg basket filled with books :)

BECKY said...

Love it all, gal! I have a suitcase and train case like that! Love them, too!!

Hope you have a fab week! Thanks so much for your kind heart and thoughts! What a joy you are!

Love n hugs,
Becky

cityfarmer said...

let's roll!

everything you have, I want ... heehee

blessedmom's simple home said...

You find the most beautiful items Amy!
Have a wonderful week :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Faded Plains said...

You always find such beautiful treasures...love the aqua egg basket.

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Looking forward to seeing you talk about your style. Love the goodies, especially that green wire basket, and thanks for the idea on the books. Hmmm.. now you have got me thinking.