Saturday, October 15, 2011

Crock Pot Apple Butter Recipe

Several of you asked for my apple butter recipe that I make in the crock pot.   It is simple and it is delicious.

Approximately 3 lbs apples
3 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cloves
Dash of salt
3/4 cup water

Fill crock pot 3/4 full of peeled, cored, sliced apples.  Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.  Cover and cook on low overnight.  If butter has too much liquid, remove lid and cook on high until desired consistency.

apple butter 1

jars 3

If you make your own, I would love to know what you think about it.

Update on my mama…Honestly, this is not a great time.  She is feeling really bad.  She has very little strength, can’t eat, and just feels lousy.  Boy, this is a tough one, my friends.  It’s tough to see your mom, who has always been so strong, now feeling so sick.  I ask you to please continue to pray.  Thank you.

Also…I am busily preparing for our guests who are coming in from Louisiana this week.  Mr. and Mrs. Buckets of Burlap and their beautiful family will be here soon.  We cannot wait for their arrival.  Boy, do we have some fun things planned.   I will be taking them to the Nashville Flea Market while they are in town, so if you are going to be there, let me know and maybe we can have a blogger hook up sometime that day.  Wouldn’t that be fun?

Hope you are all doing great and pray that you all have blessed Sunday.

Print

20 comments:

Francine said...

Thanks for sharing ... I will for sure try this! :)

Deanna said...

Amy, Your crock pot apple butter sounds delicious and I'm going to have to try to make this. I haven't ever made apple butter but sure do like it.

What type of apple do you use?

I am so sorry about your mom being ill. Will pray in Jesus name.
God bless,
d

NanaDiana said...

Amy- What a great way to make Apple Butter in the crockpot! I will try this- MyHero LOVES apple butter!

I am sorry to hear that your Mom is feeling so ill. It is a rough journey she is on...and probably the worst part for her is to know that she can't be the "strong" one in the family right now. God bless her AND you as you deal with this. xo Diana

Mary said...

praying for your mom, friend. :) thank you so much for that recipe! sounds amazing.
xo
mary

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I am so sorry that your mom is still feeling so bad....
but I am happy that you are going to have guests and some good times. Enjoy them!!

Green Willow Pond said...

Thank you for the recipe friend! I have several bags of apples from our trees in our basement right now. I'm definitely going to try this recipe this coming week.

I will be praying for your mom. It must be so hard to watch her struggle. I will pray for you too as you go through this trial with her. {{{hugs}}}

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Amy -

I will continue to pray for your mom that she gets through this difficult time. She is fortunate to have you to lean on and be strong for her. Keep the faith.

Connie

Diane said...

I hope all of the nesting you are doing will help bring you some comfort during your mom's illness. Aren't these just the times when being at home and doing homey things is just what we need to help us feel safe and hopeful.
Blessings....
Diane

BECKY said...

Oh Amy, I know about the Mom thing...and sweetie, I am praying for her, and you and your family.

This recipe sounds divine! Must try it! I'll let you know if I do!

Wish I could hike up there and join you all!! You have a fab time!!
What a joy to have Becky come for a visit! Did you ever think you would make such a great friend through your blog?? God is sooo good!!

Love ya!
Hugs
Becky

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

The apple butter looks so yummy, I just may have to try to make it. And you and Ms. Buckets of Burlap are going to have so much fun!! Wish I was there.

Barbara said...

Thank you Amy that sounds easy enough, will try and let you know, praying for your mom too, I know it is hard to see them frail and weak, God bless you all.

Robin said...

Yummy! I can't believe you can make it in the crock pot. I can't wait to try it. Thanks

Debbie said...

Finally got in here. Go away mean computer gremlins! Shoo!

I loved the jelly cupboard, and this recipe looks delicious. Even more, it looks like it would make the whole house smell wonderful.

For some reason, I thought the Burlaps were already there. I hope you have a wonderful time.

And I am not forsaking your mom!!

Vicki said...

This looks delicious. I plan to try it for sure. Hugs and prayers for your mom. I'm sorry that she is so ill. I hope you can enjoy your time with Becky.

Ido said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is not feeling well, will keep praying for her to regain her strength and appetite. Thank you so much for the recipe, will definitely try it!
XXX Ido

Angie said...

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I love apple butter and want to try this recipe.

Farmchick said...

Your apple butter looks delicious..Thanks so much for joining in my new recipe swap. I hope you will join in again. Have a great day!!

d e l i g h t said...

This sounds so delicious and seeing it in the jars looks so beautiful for fall. I may just have to make some today! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am a new follower.

Theresa said...

i love apple butter and this sounds both delicious and simple,thank you so much for the recipe! It looks so pretty in your jelly cupboard, just the perfect spot for it. t. xoxoxoox

Doll Bookcase said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe with us! I just can't wait to try it out!