Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Botanicals and Terracotta

Hey my friends!

 

Have I told you that we are getting ready for guests to come for a visit? 

 

You remember my visit to Louisiana this summer, right?  Well, guess what?  Louisiana is coming to Tennessee in about two weeks!!!

 

Becky, from Buckets of Burlap, and her precious family are coming for a visit and this girl cannot wait.

 

Of course what that means is that we are in full gear getting ready for them.  Why do we wait for guests to come to get major stuff done?  It’s like that with you too, right?

 

Besides some of the big stuff we are working on, I am also just trying to make things a little prettier and a little more fallish.

 

I wanted to show you some beautiful botanical prints that I picked up at a yardsale the other day that I thought would be great for the season.

 

plant pictures 1

 

plant prints 2

 

plant prints 4 botanicals

 

I also brought some of my smaller herb plants into the kitchen.  I love the look of these pots.  I laid an old bankers bag between the two pots just to add a little texture.

 

herb pots 2

 

herb pots 3

 

scale and herbs

 

I just have to tell you that I love the browns and naturals that are going on here.

 

I still have a few more fall things to show you, but will do that later.  Right now, I am headed upstairs to my daughter’s bathroom where my oldest daughter has just wired a new light that we bought.  She is thrilled that she can add electrical work to her list of accomplishments. 

 

Talk soon…okay!

Print

13 comments:

Ido said...

How exciting! wish you the best of luck with the visit. Love all the things from your previous post, you have such a beautiful taste!
XXX Ido

FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Looks great. Having friends over forces me to finish up all the odd jobs I had lost interest in. My A.D.D.! Haha! Have fun

Becky C said...

Well it is looking gorgeous around there my friend! We can NOT wait to be there with all of you :) It's going to be so much fun!
I really love all the fall stuff you have going on, too. The botanical prints are so perfect for fall. Love the white chippy window also. And the herbs look lovely in the kitchen. You have so many spaces to decorate, girl!
Talk soon
Have a great day

Jenni said...

Hi Amy! That is such exciting news that your friend Becky is coming for a visit! I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

And oh, I love all of your decorating around your home! The botanical prints look beautiful next to your old window! I think that scale is adorable! {I have a thing for vintage scales!}

I also think the clay pots and greenery look so lovely, and the old banker's bag is the perfect touch! :)

And now you have inspired me to go finish the sanding I have started...ugh, I do not like sanding, do you?

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day, my friend! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

Treasures Evermore said...

Sounds like Tennessee will never be the same...Have a blast.

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I LOVE having company...but it is a lot of work...you want everything to be as best as it can be...but it looks like you have a grip on it...love the linens on the scale!!

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Your botanical prints are gorgeous!! I am starting to collect vintage scales and only have a couple so far. Hope you have a great time with your friends.

Debbie said...

I do remember your "buckets of fun" that you had in Louisiana. I'm sure you are in for another wonderful time!

Love those botanicals and the way you used them in the window. (And I'm a big old terra cotta fan, too.)

Barb said...

Those prints are perfect! I love your window - very nice decorating!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Have fun withh your friend! She won't even notice what you don't get done, you know! I am excited FOR you! xo Diana

PRAIRIE GIRL FARM said...

I luv the beauty botanical prints!!! I have a hard time finding them! Enjoy ur time with Becky!
Hugs~Ginger

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

Really nice crackle on that window frame! Gotta love old white and crackled!!!

Green Willow Pond said...

I just love terra cotta pots filled with herbs. So why haven't I done it? Duh! I've got lots of herb seeds, so I will have to do that before snow flies just plant them indoors.

I'm trying to catch up on one of my beautiful friends blogs each day and you're it today! So I'll probably fill your inbox with lots of comments today:) Have a good one!