Monday, September 26, 2011

Pretty Pretty Pumpkin

Good morning sweet friends.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was great…just very busy.

This summer I introduced you to my new friend Becky from Junk To Joy. (not to be confused with my other friend Becky from Buckets of Burlap)  Wow…just sitting here thinking that the Becky’s I know sure are gifted women.

Anyway…

Over the summer,  I ordered a beautiful little peat pot filled with lavender from Junk to Joy Etsy Shop.  When fall arrived, I couldn’t wait to see what her shop would be filled with.  Oh, was I so excited to see that she was creating gorgeous  pumpkins of all styles.  

Yep, I had to have one. 

I contacted Becky and told her that I wanted to buy a pumpkin from her and guess what she did?  She told me that she would love to create one especially for me.  She asked me some of my favorite things and then told me she would create me a OOAK.  (confession…I had no idea what that meant and had to really think on it) 

I was thrilled when my one of a kind beautiful, feminine, soft, luscious white pumpkin arrived through the mail.

pumpkin 1

pumpkin 2

pumpkin 3

pumpkin 4

For those of you have followed me for awhile, you know my favorite number is 9.  Guess what?   Becky didn’t know that, but look what ended up on my OOAK pumpkin.  The number 9!!!  Love that…

pumpkin 6

pumpkin 7

pumpkin 8

pumpkin 10

This lovely white pumpkin is soft enough to lay your head on.  Truly, like really really plush.

Didn’t she do a marvelous job?

Now, I am just waiting to see what you she creates for Christmas time.

I can only imagine…

Take a minute and go check out Becky’s Junk to Joy Etsy Shop and see what she has been doing.   Tell her that Amy sent you over.

**For those of you praying for my mom, thank you again.  Please know how grateful she and I both are.  She will have treatment number four this Thursday, which is the last of the first group of drugs.  Drs. say it will be a really tough one.  So thankful that God is her Peace, her Healer, her Strength.


Showing my white pumpkin off over at Faded Charm
Print

24 comments:

Treasures Evermore said...

Oh that is totally darling.

I am new to your blog so didn't know about your mom or her situation...but will be praying for her.

Connie

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Soooo cute!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love the pumpkin you got from Becky! So unique and pretty! You are two of my favorite bloggers, so it's fun to see her creations in your home.

Good luck to your Mom this week. My prayers continue to be with her.

Take care,
Pam

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love that pumpkin!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love it and how special that she created it especially for you. Looks fabulous on the ladder. Hugs, Marty

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Love your wonderful pumpkin!! What a sweet, sweet friend!
I will definitely continue to pray for your Mom Amy!
Hope you have a beautiful week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Christine Marie Studio said...

What a cute pumpkin. Today is the first dreary day we've had in a while and I think I've turned my focus inside, looking for some fall ideas. I love it!

Ido said...

Love the pumpkin Amy, also how you decorated that ladder. Happy Fall!!!
XXX Ido

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

So beautiful...thinking of your mom...have a good week!

Robin said...

Becky is so talented! I love her creation and you have it so artfully arranged, its beautiful.

The Summer Porch said...

The pumpkin is pretty Amy, the whole vingette is fabulous. I just love the whole look.

All the very best to your Mother this week, I'm hoping this won't be too hard on her.
Hugs Rosemary...x

sissie said...

Love your adorable pumpkin Amy and the way you have it displayed.

hugs
Sissie

NanaDiana said...

Amy- That is just so cute- I love it...does she "get you", or what? It is just a very unique piece too! xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

ps...thinking about and praying for your Mom AND for you- xo Diana

BECKY said...

Hey Girl! Love what you did with your pumpkin!! Too much fun to see it in your home, styled by you!! And what a joy to see it today! It's been kind of a tough one.

Thank you my friend. Glad your Mom is almost done with this round. May God continue to be her strength and her portion. He is so amazing.

So glad we're friends...you're a blessing! Thank you for being you, and for the awesome shout out!!
Hugs and love,
Becky

High Street Cottage said...

Amy what a pretty vignette! You did a wonderful job. Love the white!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That pumpkin is so cute, you lucky girl.

Debbie said...

It took me quite a while to figure out OOAK. I got it, though.

Love your pumpkin, and it is definitely YOU.

I'm lifting your mom every day, and I'm praising in advance that she will be at a milestone this week.

A Cottage Muse said...

Love how you are displaying your new treasure!
Keeping you and your Mom in my prayers.

Diane said...

It's beautiful and special and the way you have it photographed and displayed is just gorgeous!

I'm a new follower of yours and so happy to have found you!

:-) Blessings!
Diane

michelle said...

It is beautiful! What a special gift. I love your vignette with the ladder, just perfect.
xoxo

Amish Stories said...

Just passing through and thought id say hello. Richard from Amish Stories.

mississippi artist said...

That pumpkin is stunning, will have to check Becky out!I hope your Mom does well.

Becky C said...

Well I just LOVE your OOAK pumpkin! It has a wonderful farmhouse appeal. It looks so perfect sitting on your ladder. Becky is an amazing artist.
Have to go check her out.
We are all praying for your mom this week through her next treatment. Send our love her way...