Saturday, July 16, 2011

3…2…1…Road Trip

We’re going on a road trip and we cannot wait.

It’s been a pretty emotional summer so I am excited to have a chance to do something different for a little while.

The girls and I are leaving our sweet men behind and heading down the road.

You see this little boy…

pots 3

That’s my daddy.  Cute, isn’t he?

We are headed to see him and my stepmom in Texas for a week.  They have a beautiful thousand acre ranch with beautiful canyons, caves, horses, cattle and yes, I know, HEAT!    We’re tough, we can take it.

But that’s not it!

After we leave from our week in Texas, we are headed to Louisiana to visit a very special friend of mine.  The neat thing about this friend is that a whole lot of you probably know her too.

We are heading to Louisiana to spend a week with Becky from Buckets of Burlap and her precious family!!

Awesome, right!!!!

Are you wondering if we have ever met before? 

Nope.

Are you wondering how, why, what???

Let me just tell you.

Becky and I met through our blogs quite some time ago and became fast friends.  Then our youngest daughters became friends, or as they might say BFFs.  Next our oldest daughters, who are both major sporty girls, became friends.  And then there is the sweet little fellow that I can’t wait to give a big hug to because he just sounds huggable.

Actually, I have to admit that the first person in the family that I ever actually spoke to was Becky’s sweet husband.  Let me just tell you that this is a good man.  Just sayin…

I truly believe that God ordained this friendship for lots of reasons and I absolutely cannot wait to physically meet Becky and her family. 

I’m thinking there is going to be some major eating, shopping, laughing and talking going on that week.  I can’t wait to share with you all of the fun things we do.

I also can’t wait to just soak in all of the beautiful things she does in her home.  Really, take a good long look around her house and you will see what I mean.  GORGEOUS farmhouse, I tell you!

So that’s what my next two weeks hold.  Me and my precious girls on the road, visiting my daddy and meeting new friends. 

So here goes…

pots 1


Three…Two…One…ROAD TRIP


Please pray for us for safe travel and please oh please  pray for my mom who goes back to the doctor on Wednesday.


pots 2

That’s my pretty mama up there on the left.  I think that was a junior or senior photo of her.  Love my old black and white photos, you know.

I will still be checking in with everyone, so don’t write me off completely these next couple of weeks.    I would love for you to share some of the fun that we are having,  so I will be blogging a little along the way.

Take care friends and God bless!!!


(I used little peat pots that I bought at Lowes and prettied them up a little bit.  Don't they make great photo holders?)


Linking up over at Cherished Treasures
Print

20 comments:

gina3 said...

Have a safe and really fun trip. Yes, it's hot here in Texas but we are on our way to record breaking heat so take it easy once you get here. What an awesome thing that you'll get to meet a blog friend!

NanaDiana said...

I am so tickled that you are going to be able to make this trip with your daughters. One of the best times in my life was a road trip I took with my 2 daughters while they were a Jr & Sr in high school. It has been over 15 years ago and they still talk about it. I hope you make many lasting memmories with your Dad and your new "family" in Louisiana. I don't know HER blog but I know YOURS and I know that she is going to be blessed! Hugs and prayers for a safe trip- xo Diana

Angela said...

Amy, Wow girl you go and have a wonderful time. Spending time with your Daddy and stepmom on a real ranch sounds so neat, and then to go meet Becky. She is such a sweetheart. I follow her blog and she as well as yourself are so talented. You two better stay out of trouble. You might have to come home pulling a u-haul.(giggle) You have fun with your girls and be safe. Can't wait to hear from you. Hoping and praying your Mom will get a good report from the doctor. Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Love the old photos! Sounds like a great road trip... family and new friends! Praying for safe travels and for your mom!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your visits. I think those little pots do make good photo holders. Everything you do looks good though. :)

Becky C said...

Oh yay!!! I love this post, and I love those sweet photos in the pots! Great idea!!!
It's almost time! We are getting ready for you girls, and it's going to be a blast :) We are going to make so many fun memories. And we can do some posts together, maybe, to share our fun times...
Be safe on the road. Have fun at your Dad's. And yep, probably should bring a u-haul. LOL
SEE YOU REAL SOON

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

Hey Amy, ya'll have a fantastic time and yes I will pray for safe travels for you all. Can't wait to hear about your trip! Blessings

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Sounds like it will be a fun trip. Getting to meet some special friends too. Drive safe!

BECKY said...

Hi Sweetie!
Love your peat pot photo holders! Just adorable...especially with the little tags, too! So creative!

I will be praying that your trip is absolutely fabulous and trouble free!
I know it will be a huge blessing for everyone! Lucky Becky getting to meet YOU!! Maybe this Becky will be blessed with that one day, too!

Hugs n joy!
Becky

Debra @ Common Ground said...

What a wondrous thing! How amazing that your girls have both found a friendship there too. Have a great trip, and have tons of fun!
I'll be praying for you all!
xoxo Debra

Pam said...

That sounds like such a fun trip! I'm in awe that your parents have a thousand acre ranch! OMG!! And it's so neat that you're going to spend time with Becky! What fun!!

Have a safe trip. And good luck to your Mom at her appointment on Wednesday.

Take care,
Pam

Gypsy Heart said...

Oh Amy, I so wish we didn't have this horrendous heat to greet you! I really hate it...it's just too much to have triple digits every single day. I know you're excited to see your parents though and that makes a huge difference.

Anyway, if you happen to be in the DFW area, it would be my pleasure to meet you!

Prayers for safe travel ~
xo
Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

Oh Amy, I so wish we didn't have this horrendous heat to greet you! I really hate it...it's just too much to have triple digits every single day. I know you're excited to see your parents though and that makes a huge difference.

Anyway, if you happen to be in the DFW area, it would be my pleasure to meet you!

Prayers for safe travel ~
xo
Pat

A Rosy Note said...

Oh, Amy, that sounds fun, fun, fun! I love road trips. Have a great time and stay safe :)

simply objekts said...

have a wonderful road trip and be safe. your blog is just so beautiful - i will be checking in often. also just to let you know that i bet your little boy in heaven is having great fun with mine :) God bless, hanlie

mississippi artist said...

Praying for a safe trip for you. Can't wait for you to share the fun with us.

Made In The South said...

Aww, Road Trips are so much fun! Wish our weather in Louisiana was a little nicer for you. It is so hot and humid.
Praying ya'll will be safe on the open road. Can't wait for you to share all of your adventures.

Exchange 2007 said...

Have fun!

heartland farmhouse said...

That's SO neat!
It really is surprising to me 'What a blessing this blogging thing is in regards to deep meaningful friendships with other christian women! For some reason it caught me by surprise. I just wasn't expecting it! But, I'm Lovin' it!!!

Have a safe trip & a FUN time!

Rebecca

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your road trip sounds like a good time! Getting to see family and getting meet a blogging friend....awesome! Have a wonderful, safe trip! I am keeping your mama in my prayers.