Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Soiree

My two oldest children went to their home school soiree this weekend.

soiree

We had several of their friends over before the soiree for pictures so I had to make sure there were plenty of ferns and fresh flowers everywhere.

outside 2

outside 1

outside 4

It was wonderful seeing Keith and Beth all dressed up in their finest attire.

k & b 1

Keith is a senior this year and will be graduating after having homeschooled for all but two years of his life.  Beth will be a junior next year.

Indulge me for a moment, please.. . My babies aren’t really babies anymore but they are my gifts from God and I can’t believe they are the age they are.  Actually, they are still my babies no matter what age and I adore them.

Of course, we can’t forget Faith who is eight.  Prom will come soon enough for her, just not too soon, please.

k & b 2

No home change ups today, just showing off two out of three of my sweet children.

God bless you all!

Print

10 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You have raised some beautiful children, Amy! They both look very sweet!

XO,
Jane

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

Beautiful porch and children. So glad you shared.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Handsome and beautiful! I hope they have lots of fun! What I wouldn't give for Beth's lovely hair :)

Lou said...

Amy - Beautiful children. You must be so proud. You son is very handsome and Beth is very pretty with gorgeous hair. Your ferns and flowers look great. I haven't had much luck with ferns in the past, maybe I will try again. They look so good with the red brick. AND yes, they will always be your babies......
Connie (akalou)

Anne Marie... said...

Hi Amy....great pictures of your kids...

I was feeling nostalgic today too...they grow up so quickly it's amazing....and why didn't I know you homeschooled before? no wonder you and I get along (lol)

have a great rest of your Sunday sweetie!
xo+farm blessings,
Anne Marie

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

How neat to see a brother and sister posing together and loving each other. You are blessed! Thanks or sharing.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Beautiful kids! I don't know how they grow up so fast. boo hoo! I really enjoyed your last post too. The summer mantle is gorgeous!

Sheryl and Denny said...

Beautiful kids Amy. They indeed grow up fast. My oldest will be celebrating her first mothers day this year......Wow, that makes me feel old. Thanks for your comments on my blog, much appreciated. Have a good up coming week.
Sheryl

Becky C said...

I think Beth looks just like you, Amy!! She and Keith are just sweet as can be sitting there together. You should be so proud... they grow up so fast, girl!
And your porch is gorgeous too with the ferns and fresh blooms :) I know you all had a wonderful time.
Becky

NanaDiana said...

Amy- What beautiful and precious gifts from God! He has blessed you with a handsome son and a gorgeous daughter! What a great Joy to have such good and wonderful kids...a tribute to your parenting and God's good grace! xxoo Diana