Friday, May 6, 2011

Easy Hot Fudge Cake

This is one of those easy recipes that is semi homemade but fully delicious.

I wanted to share it with you because my husband and son made it the other night for the girls and me and it was such a treat.

cake 1

This is how simple this recipe is…

They used a box of chocolate cake mix, hot fudge syrup, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream.

After the cake was baked, they split the slices and layered them with ice cream and hot fudge.  They topped the scrumptious goodness with whipped cream.

That’s it!

Nothing was made except for the cake.  You could, of course, make everything from scratch and that would be wonderful, but this was FANTASTIC just as it was.

The fact that my boys made it for us made it even more delightful!

***

TO MY LADY FRIENDS….

I want to say a happy early mother’s day to all of you mothers out there and all of you precious ladies who play such a big part in so many people’s lives.  God has a wonderful  purpose for all of our lives!

God bless all of you my sweet sweet friends.  God loves you and so do I!!!!

If  my mom is reading this, I want to say happy mother’s day to you and I love you so very much.    Thanks for all that you do for me.

For anyone with sadness in their heart this mother’s day, please remember that God has great big arms just waiting to hold you.

Print

15 comments:

Lou said...

Amy - sounds absolutely delicious. I will have to try it. Thanks1 Happy Mother's Day to you! You sound like a wonderful mother.
Connie (akalou)

ruma said...

Lovely your works..

Greetings.
From Saga, Japan.
ruma

Barbara said...

That sounds so good, will try that one Amy, Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day, Be blessed, Barbara

Mary said...

Yummy...that cake looks so good, reckon how many calories are in one piece? Oh, the price we pay for our 'sweet tooth'...

Debbie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too, Amy. Your men did a great job on that delicious looking and sounding treat.

I'm glad you mentioned that about sadness in hearts. I have a great burden for those who are sad on Mother's Day. I have no personal experience to draw on dealing with infertility or the loss of a mom (yet), but I still feel a strong need to cover them every year.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Sounds so good. I love chocolate.

white life© said...

Dear Amy,

I have some plans and want to change some things. After I can enjoy these fantastic sweets ... hopefully ;)

I wish you a very, very nice Sunday, a wonderful Mother Day and many smiles!

Big hugs
Tine

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

blessedmom's simple home said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Amy! I hope your's is wonderful.
The Hot Fudge cake sounds delicious :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Mandy @ Creekside Creations said...

That cake sounds perfect!

Happy Mother's Day to you, Amy!

A Rosy Note said...

Oh that sounds yummy. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself :)

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day Amy.

hugs ♥ tricia

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a yummy dessert!! I'll have to try it sometime. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. :)

Heidi said...

I can taste the cake throuh my computer screen! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This looks a lot like a dessert our favorite restaurant serves! It would do me just fine! SO nice that you were the receiver!

saltbox treasures said...

Hi Amy, this does look delicious! For my next chocolate craving this will be it!
Hope you're having a great week.
~ Julie