Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Dining

Do you have a favorite room to play around in?
My dining room is mine!
Someday, I hope to have a great old farm table in there, but it’s just not the right time.  And, that’s okay.  (contentment, remember??)
I spent a lot of my Sunday playing, cleaning and organizing.  Believe it or not, all of that pretty much defines rest and relaxation for me.  I bet it does for a lot of you also.
I didn’t really add much new to the room, I just moved and tweaked a little here and there.  Isn’t that the best way?
It seems so much fresher now!
dr 1
I found these great little blue green bottles at the flea market.  With a few little flowers added to each one, they look wonderful.
dr 2
dr 3
dine 1
Here are my letters again that I got at the yardsale the other day.  Remember I told you that I love to use words in my home.
box 1
My favorite carpenter’s tote got moved to a little table in front of the window.
box 2
server 1
server 2
cabinet 1
cabinet 2
The jelly cabinet got a little dressing up with a pretty white apron adorned with tiny pastel flowers.
buffet 1
buffet 2
The girls went outside and brought in beautiful dogwood branches for me to use throughout the house.  I LOVE dogwoods.
cloth 3
Found this enamel pan at an estate sale on Saturday and decided to use it to hold a few tablecloths that I bought at the same sale.
cloth 2
There weren’t many changes, but just enough to spiffy things up a little.
I even at my lunch at the dining room table that day and enjoyed every minute of it.
***
I have been shopping for my Etsy shop this weekend and today and have found some really fun things.   Check back for new items very soon.

Partying at:
Print

20 comments:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Look beautiful Amy. Love the little green bottles. But my favorite is still that old wooden tote!

Al said...

Quite a lovely dining room you have! The flowers in the pitcher are a sweet touch as a centerpiece on the table. Your sideboard is beautiful too. Such a nice blog to visit :)
www.skylarkmanor.com

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your dining room looks beautiful! What a happy place to dine in. Man, I love that carpenters tote. I can see why it's a favorite of yours!

blessedmom's simple home said...

It looks so pretty Amy. I love those blue bottles. I have a set of those letters and they are so fun to play with. My dad gave them to me. He used them as intro's to the home movies he made when I was a child. He'd write out "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Birthday" or the date, etc., before he started filming. I'm so glad he held on to them :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

white life© said...

Fantastic ideas - wonderful insights ...... I LOVE all!!!!!!! ;)

Big hugs
Tine

Vintage Gal said...

Your dining room looks just lovely ~ fresh like spring ;-)

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

It's all beautiful Amy! Can't ever go wrong with aqua and white. So fresh and clean. Love it!

NanaDiana said...

Amy- It looks wonderfully fresh and inviting! I love those little aqua/green bottles and the pitcher is spectacular!

I love dogwoods too but we don't have them around here. I grew up with them though. I'm sure you know the story about the dogwood being the tree that was used for Jesus's cross..that it was a sturdy strong tall tree and after that it grew so that it could never be used for a cross again-crooked and smaller and each flower petal is stained red to represent the blood of Jesus. If you don't know the whole story I will see if I can find it somehwere.

Have a happy Tuesday! xxoo Diana

Becky C said...

Well, your dining room looks fresh and gorgeous, my friend! I love the blue bottles!!! And, have I seen the little white table before?? It is wonderful. Perfect with the carpenter's tote sitting on top. That enamel pitcher is blue, too? It's lovely with the bottles. I really love your jelly cabinet, ironstone, silver, glasses, and your curtains are very yummy!!! I'd like to join you for lunch in your dining room one day soon :)
I'm up early to get started on this madness again... talk to you soon.
Lots of hugs
Becky

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your dining room looks so fresh! Great for the new season!

Red Gate Farm said...

The springy soft colors look fabulous! I love that pitcher and the carpenter tote (can you tell I love the greens and blues?). Nothing like a little fluffing and tweaking to make it feel like spring :)

~Chris

Sue said...

Amy, I love the simple, clean look of your dining room. I wish I could pull this look off, but I tend to decorate more traditionally. I have shabby chic envy!! I'm working on adding in some touches to a guest bedroom, though.
Love the aqua bottles and pitcher- I saw a lot of this color at the furniture market last week.
:-) Sue

Olive Cooper said...

Hi Amy, I love your letters and the entire dining room is refreshing and springy if that is a word. We love dogwoods to and now ours have lost all there blooms. hugs♥olive

Robin said...

It all looks so beautiful and fresh! I just love it.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Amy, your home is gorgeous and all of your accessories are so beautifully displayed. I love all of your vignettes. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

michelle said...

It looks so beautiful Amy! I love all your treasures and they would be do fun to play around with. The carpenters tote is gorgeous, I just love the color of it! :)

Have a great day!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

It all looks beautiful, Amy! I love the color of your pitcher and old toolbox. I like how you housed flatware and dishes in it. You can help me with my dining room anytime :) It is relaxing to fluff. Your Jelly cabinet is my favorite! Very sweet! off to check your Etsy store. I am so happy with the tin and thank you again for adding a little extra!
Hugs!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Sometimes it's the smallest and simplest changes that make me happy, Amy! I love that carry all/tool box you have. The color is just great on it and what a nice piece to decorate with.

Thanks so much for your visit!

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Amy! What a charming dining room! I love your tote filled with dinnerware! And the sweet, springy changes you've made are so very pretty! So cozy and welcoming! The dogwood branches are a beautiful addition! :)

Hugs ~

xoxo laurie

A Rosy Note said...

Your dining room looks beautiful Amy! I LOVE those little bluish green bottles that you found, they go so well with that pitcher and tool box :)

~Tricia