Saturday, March 12, 2011

Twine and a Crochet Needle

I have to show you something!

IMG_8230

Ok, that’s the first one.

Now, let me show you another.

bag 1

This wonderfully shabby chic bag was made for me by a totally amazing young lady named Shannon from Below the Plateau.

Shannon is a homeschool senior who is incredibly gifted by God in so many ways and my life has been enriched greatly by getting to know her over the last few years.  This girl loves the Lord and truly seeks to serve Him.

Ok, can I show you one more picture?

This picture is the one that humbles me every time that I see it.

bag 2

Do you see the name? 

Yep, that’s me.

This sweet child named this great shabby bag after me.  Needless to say, I was beyond excited that someone would do something so sweet for me.

Can you imagine how that blessed my heart?

The other great thing about this bag is that she is making them available on her Etsy shop and I would love for you to go over and just take a quick look around when you have a few minutes.

***

I sure hope you all had a beautiful spring day today like we did here in  Tennessee.

Print

18 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a gorgeous bag!! Sounds like you have a very sweet friend!

Blondie's Journal said...

Shannon does some beautiful work...I love the bag. Thanks so much for the link. I am going to have a look at her shop!

Happy Sunday, Amy!

XO,
Jane

Laura said...

Amy-
what a wonderful bag and what an amazing gift.

I am off to check out her Etsy shop.

Have a blessed Sunday,

Laura
White Spray Paint

saltbox treasures said...

Hi Amy, What a gorgeous bag! and a nice tribute to you. Have a great Sunday with your family!
~ Julie
p.s. I can't believe you had time to do a post :)

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Very adorable! I can knit and would love to learn crochet!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

How sweet is that? What a talented young lady! I "LOVE" that bag, Amy! I'm sure you will smile each time you use it :) I'll be sure to check out her Etsy shop.
Have a blessed Sunday! :)

Tricia - A Rosy Note said...

What a nice friend! Hope you're having a good weekend Amy :)

Becky C said...

Oh Amy, how sweet of her! That is a beautiful bag, she is very talented :) What a great idea to name that bag after you. I'm certain you've had much influence on the lady she turned out to be... I will go check out her stuff :)
Have a great Sunday!
Becky

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a special treat for you, Amy. That young lady is very talented. And yes, it's a beautiful day here in VA, too.

NanaDiana said...

What a talented gal...and she named it after one of the sweetest people I know! What an honor...for you...and for her to have you in her life! I love it! Hope your week is a good one! xxoo Diana

Debbie said...

I love that bag! It's just gravy on the taters that she named it "la Amy". That just makes me smile.

michelle said...

That is so beautiful Amy! She is very talented and what a sweet thing for her to do for you. :)

Marilyn Holeman said...

Pretty special, Amy! What a blessing!

Have a blessed week,
Marilyn

Debbie said...

I love, love this bag. You're right, a very talented young lady indeed. I posted last month about a yarn that I used that was tough on the fingers(Check out post titled; naughty naughty gnome). This makes me admire her all the more. Beautiful blog too by the way!

Debbie said...

I tried to post here last night, but I kept getting the whirly twirly circle...

She did a great job with that. I think it's so cute that she named it la Amy!

Kelly said...

Brilliant!!

A Vintage Vine said...

She was so sweet to name it after you, but I can not help but believe you deserve this gesture!!!!! I'll be sure and visit her Etsy shop! Have a great week!

Laurel said...

Such a beautiful bag and how sweet that she named it after you! I'll head over and take a peek at her shop :) Laurel