Friday, March 25, 2011

Thank You Thank You Thank You!

I cannot thank you all enough for making my first day as an Etsy shop owner FABULOUS!

I have to tell you that I was so nervous when I activated all of my merchandise yesterday morning and put it out for all the world to see.  It  felt like the first time that I ever posted a blog…so unsure.

But, I have to say that I thought my first day of business was a great success.

Let me define success for me…

I define success as being what I hope God wanted it to be.  I define it as feeling like I have done something as unto Him.  I define it as having prayed about it and feeling a peace about the outcome. 

So, I have to say yesterday was a success.  I gave my little shop to Him again yesterday as I began activating each little item.  And, I believe the Bible when it says that if I dedicate my plans to Him, they will succeed.

I pray that He is glorified in all I do, even on my junking expeditions!

(sorry this is so long.  will you stay with me a little bit longer)

***

I have to say thank you to one specific person who has answered more questions and given me more help than a person should ever have to do especially when she doesn’t even know me.

THANK YOU to Julie at Saltbox Treasures!!! 

She is fantastic!

She also has a wonderful blog and a beautiful Etsy shop!

***

It’s amazing how many people on here have told me that they were praying for me and for my shop.  Thank you so much for your prayers.  I believe in praying about everything and I love that you all would pray along with me.  I have made some amazing friends on here!

***

One more thank you and then I am done.

Thank you to the most wonderful son in the whole wide world.  Without him, I would never have opened this shop. 

Keith encouraged me months ago to jump on board this Etsy wagon.  I strongly and firmly said no way!  But he, being the encourager that he is with his mom and being a little stubborn,  persisted.  I finally saw his vision and took his advice and now here we are.

He has been with me every step of the way helping me along.

Thank you buddy.  I LOVE YOU!!

***

(last thing)

I would love for you to continue to check back with my shop and see the new treasures that I will be adding often. 

I actually went flea marketing today and found some really neat things that I will be adding soon. 

I would also love it if you would tell your friends about Amys All Things Home Etsy Shop.

***

(thanks for staying with me through this awfully long post)

Print

16 comments:

Sherry said...

Amy,
Congrats on the shop! It looks fantastic!
Sherry

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

So happy for you Amy. I missed your last post so now I'm off to read it. I wish you much success.
Susan

NanaDiana said...

Hey Ames-Congratulations! We are on the road all week but just popping in to say Hi! I will check out your shop when I get home next week. Praying for you and your new business! xxoo Diana

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I will be checking back you can count on that. I hope you will mention it here too when you add new things. That would be great!

A Vintage Vine said...

I love how humble and sincere you always are!!! I know God smiles down on you! Good luck with this and I look forward to your new treasures!

melismama said...

After you posted that your shop is open, I went there and BOY there is some great treasures! I cant wait to have the time to actually "shop" instead of window shop! Blessings to your day !

saltbox treasures said...

Good morning, Amy, You are too kind. Thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad I got to know you and was able to help. Your shop is wonderful, and I look forward to seeing all of the treasures you will be selling. I hope your new endeavor is happy and blessed.
Have a great weekend!
~ Julie

A Rosy Note said...

I'm glad to hear that everything went well for you Amy. I sounds like you have a lot of wonderful people helping and supporting you :)

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

It's a wonderful Etsy store, Amy! I'm so happy that you are enjoying it and doing it for the right reasons! Appreciate your words! Hope you find some more treasures this weekend!

Have a great day!
Michelle :)

Kolein said...

We all LOVE you AMY! And Keith, too!!!!

So thrilled for your success!

xo
~Kolein

Mary Lou said...

Good going with the shop! I am proud of your determination and commentment. It all looks good. I'll check often.

Debbie said...

I have tried to comment to you repeatedly. I thought Della was behaving, but the minute I try to comment here, she rebels. It's Satan, I tell you...He keeps trying to steal my joy.

I'm not going to let him.

So I HOPE this posts. I spent some time in the etsy shop and love it. You have some wonderful stuff, Amy. I love those french fashion prints the best of all. They look like some that my mother-in-law gave me for a house warming. I have them framed.

Now I know exactly where I will go when I have a pair of pennies and want some vintage. I'll also be shouting you out to my fellow vintage lovers.

Here goes... will it post?

High Street Cottage said...

Hi Amy, Congrats on your Etsy shop, so exciting, I will have to check it out. I am planning on opening mine soon, if I ever ever get 'round to it!

Vintage Gal said...

Hi Amy ~ just stopped over from Saltbox Treasures ~ I am going to follow along. I'm going to peek into the etsy shop right now ;-)

Here On Crow Creek said...

Im so happy for you Amy. Now you get real knowledgeable and let me know how it goes and if I ever decide to do it maybe you could help me:) God bless you hun!

Farmer's Wyfe said...

Just found you through Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures. I LOVE your things, but I love even more your sweet humility and desire to please the Lord through your blog. I sometimes struggle in my mind if I should have a separate blog for my painting/crafting/decorating stuff and a blog for my life lessons and so far, I have just stuck with one, hoping and praying that it is what God wants, and that I will be successful in His eyes to do what I should on my blog. It's nice to see you doing this on your blog and being successful at it. Thanks for that! God bless you in your shop and blog and life!