Monday, March 21, 2011

Early Spring Happenings Around Here and an Etsy Update

I know I am not any busier than anyone else, but boy, have I been busy these last couple of weeks.
We actually took our homeschool spring break last week and are extending it a little into this week so that we can get some more things done around our little hobby farm.
If you don’t mind hanging around for a few minutes, I would like to share a little of what we have been up to.
berries
We have been eating a lot of these.  I’m sorry, but strawberries are just not the same from the store as they are when we go strawberry picking and pick them straight off the vine all warm and delicious.
flowers
The girls and I planted a couple of pots of flowers just to get us started.
bonfire
We had our first bonfire of this season.  Marshmallows, story-telling, blankets, and a starry night…
laundry
I hung my first load of laundry on the line this season.  I LOVE my laundry dried outdoors.
growing
My hubby and Faith are doing all of our early seed planting.  We even went to an organic gardening class last week that was very interesting.
plants
Yes, they are sitting on my kitchen table right in front of my big bay window.  We are eating in the living room for now and that’s okay with me.
tulips
And, right in front of me, while I am working on my Etsy shop, are these gorgeous yellow tulips that are actually waiting to be delivered to a friend for her birthday.
Me, my computer, the tulips, and all of our little garden plants are at the kitchen table enjoying looking outside at the beautiful spring sunshine.
With the windows open, I can hear my chickens clucking and my rooster crowing…
and LIFE IS GOOD and I AM BLESSED!
***
I wanted to let you all know that I have planned a GRAND OPENING date of March 31 for my Amys All Things Home Etsy Shop.
(You will have to leave out the ‘ in Amys when typing in my shop name because we are not allowed to use them in our titles)
My opening date might  happen a little sooner than March 31, but I am playing it safe.  I will definitely keep you updated.
I am SO excited to share with you all the treasures  I have found.  I am stocking my shelves with some really neat things that I think you will like, and some that you may even love a little.  I am heading back to Nashville for the flea market this weekend. 
Wanna come???


P.S.  Let me add that we did not grow these strawberries.  These were bought at the store.  I am patiently waiting for the strawberry patch to be ready for us to go berry picking.
Print

18 comments:

cityfarmer said...

this pretty much says it all girl ...


ahhhhhh spring!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I agree with you, store bought strawberries don't hold a candle to freshly grown ones. I am amazed you've got strawberries so early. They sure look yummy! The bonfire sounds so fun! I miss those.

NanaDiana said...

Do I wanna come? I would LOVE to go with you , Ames! I could sit and drink coffee and carry all your stuff around for you! I can't believe how warm it is where you are already! We still have snow..and no clothes have been hung outside yet. That is one of my small pleasures in life-hanging out laundry! There is nothing like sheets dries on the line, is there?

Have a wonderful week! xxoo Diana

Debbie said...

Yes. I wanna come. You made the mistake of inviting me with Duchess and sister in tow one time if I recall correctly.

Be careful. One day, you might walk out to the car and see the three of us waiting to tag along.

I will definitely be here for the grand opening.

Have I told you lately that I'm proud of you for jumping into this and hope to have some courage to jump into SOMETHING of my own some day?

Well, I am.

Hugs to you, Tennessee Friend.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

I have been hanging out clothes this week too. It has been mild, but still a little chilly. Taking advantage of this nice weather as we are expecting possible light snow fall on Friday night. March came in like a lamb so I guess around here it is going to go out like a lion. Spring weather can't be to far away!!! Looking forward to your etsy shop. ~~Sherry~~

A Hint of Home said...

It is a busy time of the year. I've been doing Spring cleaning and trying to stay ahead of the game. lol
Nothing like home grown veggies. We've eaten a lot of strawberries lately, too.
Have a good week!

Becky C said...

Hey my sweet friend!! Of course I want to come to the flea market with you! That would be so fun.
Ok, I wish I could grow strawberries like that, wow! And you look so organized with all this going on, I'm so impressed. You have been so busy. I bet your laundry smells so fresh hanging out to dry :)
And my family wants to join yours around the bonfire. We will bring the smores :)
What kind of flowers are in the pot, peonies? They are gorgeous!
Can't wait for the opening of your shop!
Keep plugging along. It will all be done soon!
Blessings
Becky C

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Hey the ever so sweet Amy! Mmmmm do those fresh strawberries have my #! They never last in this house!
Looks like you are spending your time wisely. I can't wait to start planting our garden (raised beds).
The bonfire looks like a blast. We like to do them with friends, too. The kids run around looking for things to burn, lol!
Can't wait to see your Etsy shop! I pray it will be a blessing to your heart and others.
Remember to have fun :)
xoxo,
Michelle P.s.. I'd love to have you hang out in the woman cave (aka sunroom) with me! The Revelation song on your playlist is beautiful!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I just bought a big box of strawberries today and made a fruit salad for dinner. I agree, fresh picked are best but these came from Plant City, FL which is the next best thing.

Not laundry on the line here as the pollen is so bad it would all be yellow!

Looking forward to your Etsy, I have yet to get moving on mine. Need to get started.

saltbox treasures said...

Hi Amy, I was wondering about the strawberries; if you were picking those at home, I was going to be so jealous :). Getting ready for spring here too; I was out taking pics of our first blooms and bringing some inside.
Have a great week!
~ Julie

A Cottage Muse said...

LOVE your white furniture on your deck...reminds me of my Nana's at her cottage on the cape!

Miss Gracie's House said...

this is such a tease...the clothes on the clothesline...no fair:)...we actually might have sun today...but not near warm enough to hang out clothes...have a great, productive week...we are on spring break, sortof, too. I'll be checking out that etsy shop...trading junk...it's what we do!
Rene

A Rosy Note said...

Those strawberries look delish. I just bought two giant bags of frozen ones yesterday, since I use them for smoothies all the time. I can't wait for fresh.

I wish I could come with you to the flea market. I would love an outing like that. Think of all the goodies we would find!

Hope you're having a good day ~Tricia

Tiffini said...

stopping to say HI..been awhile and your pictures of all you fun at the hobby farm are so spring and fresh. I am excited for your new adventure.
xo

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'd love to meet you in Nashville, Amy, for the flea market. Can you recommend any between you and Roanoke, VA? I know that's a strange question but hubby and I are planning an anniversary trip.
Thanks and enjoy your trip. I can't wait for your shop to open.

Kolein said...

Love the fire pit! We do that too!!! Of course we'd be in our outdoor winter gear if we even attempted that here! Brrrr!!!

Can't wait to go shopping at your shop!!! : )

Just bought some strawberries today too. Mine are probably from Guatemala and have been sitting in a refrigerator for months! Ha!!!! LOVE the fresh picked too!

And if we hung the clothes out here, they'd be covered in bird doo. So I'll just live vicariously through YOU!

Happy Spring! Love the photos of all that color!!!!

xo
~Kolein

Sassy Granny ... said...

I enjoyed dropping by and collecting a bit of Spring. I don't have a clothes line, but I well recall mother's hanging laundry. Today, these many years later, it means more than clean clothes. The scent of sun dried laundry will forever be mother's perfume - a scent that means nurture, and love, and devotion.

No doubt your own domestic doings are etching themselves on your children's hearts too.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Pamela said...

Those strawberries look delicious!!! In Baton Rouge we use to have a man who would come from his farm and sell them on the corner by the donut house. In the spring it was strawberries and the summer he would bring watermelons. They were super yummy and we miss The Strawberry Man.