Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Not From Restoration Hardware…But From My Uncle’s Hunting!

Good morning, friends!

I spent the day with my mom yesterday and had a wonderful day.

Every time I go to mom’s, I also get to go see what new goodies my uncle has bought.  This time was no exception, and boy, did he have some good stuff.

Remember last time I bought the jelly cabinet from him.

Well, take a look at what I got this time.

stool 2

stool 3

stool 1

Can I just tell you that I found a stool that looks almost identical to this one on Restoration Hardware’s website and it was close to $300?

Mine was so NOT anywhere even close to that! 

I am so excited about this little beauty.

stool 4

stool 5

Another love!

And then there is this neat little thing.

basket 1

This was something used at an old clothing manufacturing plant in Fayetteville, TN. 

We figure that fabric was kept in here.

basket 2

Meet Col. Cottonblossom.

Does this not remind you of Col. Sanders?

Love this.

basket 3

And this on the other side.

Notice no zip code.  Maybe that’s when there were no zip codes used.  Not sure…

It’s so nice to have someone treasure hunt with you in mind and my uncle does a great job of it.

You need to keep me in mind if you are hunting for something specific in or near Tennessee. 

I promise you that my uncle could probably find it for you!

Merry almost Christmas to you!!

Print

22 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Amy, how absolutely fabulous find. I want your uncle to adopt me! Where does he find such treasures??!!

raggygirlvintage said...

What fun finds Amy, I like your stool way better than RH, it has the weathered look!
Tracey

MommaHensCoop said...

I am so jealous! Thos pieces are PERFECT!

Lissa said...

seriously awesome stuff!!!! wowza!

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek said...

I LOVE those stools! So cool!

Mrs T said...

that blue on the stool is perfect! you have the best uncle :)

I so wish we lived on the east coast for good junkin' grounds. here in TX things are over picked and over priced

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Your uncle could be on the show "American Pickers". He finds great old vintage things. How lucky for you. Those stools and fabric bin are awesome!

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

All fabulous!!

vintage vine said...

Great finds!!! I have been looking for something similar for my laundry room.

URUGUAY LIFE - WHITE LIFE said...

Amy, all things are wonderful. I really like this old factory things. Each tell a long story. Fantastic!

Warm hugs for you and your family

Tine

bella said...

I think your Uncle has the Best eye for picking! I love the little stool and the cart.
Merry Christmas to you and your family , Amy!
God's blessings in the New Year
Sue

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

I look like a Christmas tree because I am green with envy.

Tiffini said...

Hey:) I love that you share my love for words!! I also LOVE that " laundry basket " thing. What a gift to have an uncle like that! Hope all is well
xoxo:)

Jamie said...

Lucky you to have an uncle like that! :) Great finds!

michelle said...

What great finds!!! So jealous!! :) I love that stool! I am watching American Pickers right now, maybe your Uncle should join the show!! :)

NanaDiana said...

Amy! WOW! Unbelievable...I knew you said he had a stash of stuff...I had no idea how cool it was though! Maybe he would like to adopt me?;>) Merry Christmas to you~Hugs- Diana

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What awesome industrial/rustic finds! I think the real treasure is your uncle!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Great finds! How wonderful to have such a wonderful treasure hunter in the family. Everything is so unique, but I just love that second stool!

saltbox treasures said...

What great finds! I love those vintage stools. Thanks for visiting.
Merry Christmas!
~ Julie

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Well, your Uncle scored again! Love them both. The fabric bin reminds me of the huge cart Rose of Confessions of a Curbshopoholic! Have you seen hers?

Shaunna said...

These are incredible finds! LOVE them! And thanks so much for your comment on the blog...I'm praying for guidance from you. It sounds like you are already following His lead in your life. :-) Merry Christmas to you!! -shaunna :)

Laurel said...

You've got your own "picker"...lucky you! Great finds :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm