Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Nice Break

I am back, but still have so much to do to get caught up from being gone a week.

I have to tell you that it was quite freeing for me while on vacation to not check emails, blogs, or anything else on my computer. 

I tend to put way too much pressure on myself to get “stuff” done that isn’t always a necessity.  Know what I mean? 

What I mean is priorities.  I have to keep God as my main focus and then my family and then other things will all fall into place as they need to.

Our vacation helped me to get back to what was important and Who (God) and who (family) were important.  It was great and it was needed.

Let me show you what I mean…

cross with snow

This is what I saw outside my hotel room window every time I looked out.  There was snow on the last day which was beautiful.

family

This is my wonderful family that I got to play with and enjoy all week long. 

Instead of watching television and playing on the computer, we played cards, went for long walks, did a little shopping, ate way too much, and so much more.  It was Fantastic.

I am looking forward to seeing what you have all been up to, but it has to wait until the laundry is caught up and the Christmas tree is decorated.

Print

8 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Happy you had a nice time regrouping:) We all need that from time to time, don't you think?
Have a great weekend:)
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Beautiful post! We were out of town the week before and I felt out of sorts when we got home. The house was full of pumpkins and everyone in blogland already had their trees up!I love how you were able to disconnect from the world for awhile! Sounds like a wonderful time away!

Look forward to your Christmas goodness :)

Welcome back! xx

NanaDiana said...

Amy- Welcome home! Your family is lovely and I am so glad that you had a great time! Hugs- Diana

Prior said...

I've been busy and off the computer, too...get a lot more done, that way! Glad you had a good time connecting with what really matters! Lezlee

Laurie at Turner Farm said...

So glad you had a blessed week with your beautiful family. Yes, I know what you mean!

Debbie said...

Welcome home.

I hope you brought that simplicity right along home with you. I suspect that you did. I understand what you're saying perfectly. We get so caught up with our little toys without even noticing it. That's the reason that I tend to step away from blogland when the girls come home.

What a beautiful family, and what a beautiful cross. Did you get to Cade's Cove?

White and Rust said...

Sounds like a refreshing, fun time you had!! Times like those are so great! Have fun setting up the tree..

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a wonderful family vacation! I hope I can visit that cross someday. So awesome!!