Friday, August 20, 2010

Easy Stool Facelift

This little stool is another one of my endless yardale finds.


I know, it's awful.

I couldn't get the fabric off of it quick enough. 

 I mean before it even went into my van, I declothed it.



This is what she looked like necked (what we say in the south)

I didn't have any foam to make it real tall and fluffy, but I did have some pillow stuffing. 

So with just a little stuffing and a burlap bag I had picked up at the yardsales also, I got this.



Nothing sensational, I know, but so much better than before. 




The guy who sold me the stool for $2 whole dollars told me it was made by a mom and pop furniture company called Doss Furniture out of Tennessee.  Never heard of it and didn't find anything online about it.  Who knows for sure?

Have a great weekend, my friends!  Blessings to you all.

Linking up over at one of my favorite blogs ever...Funky Junk Interiors
Print

11 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Wow who knew that ugly blue thing could look sooo good. I just went into a store today that sold Miss Mustard Seed looking stuff for outrageous prices. That stool would have a hefty price tag in that shop. Too cute. I want one.

Stacy said...

very cute. love the understated, simple legs. and i love that you started ripping the fabric off asap! hilarious!

Debbie said...

Well, that's an appropriate blog party for this because you definitely found some funky junk on your yardsale adventure. .

I laughed about the "neked".

What you did is perfect! I have learned enough about your home to know that the burlap and linen fits beautifully in there. Great find,and an even greater facelift!

Barbara said...

Well you did a great job, I know I love recovering things, I did my kitchen chairs some years ago and they looked so gorgeous, I do not have a stool now, but would like to find one as unique as yours, hugs my friend, and blessings, Barbara

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Great transformation, Amy! It loos beautiful now!
Have a great weekend!
~ Jo :)

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

I really like what you did...I too laughed about the "necked"...cute!

Pamela said...

Cute stool!

Bella said...

Hi Amy, Your stool looks fabulous :-) Love the basket and linens to, a charming vignette:-)
Thnaks for your visit!
Bella

Pieced Pastimes said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Your stool turned out lovely. Your fabric choice was perfect and you have it displayed so nicely with the basket.

La Maison Reid said...

Now how cute it that? Darling with that (coffee bean?) sacking! Fits it better than the chintz :)

xoxo

Nancy

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I am going through your posts...and I had to tell you I love this little bench. I have a feeling you will hear from me again today. I have a love for little benches, stools, chairs...etc, etc.