Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You Have To Try This Recipe...Chinese Cole Slaw


This is a wonderful recipe that I got from a friend of mine. 

I've told you that I like easy and this is easy and it tastes outstanding.

Follow this recipe...

1 1 lb bag of cole claw
2 pkgs beef flavored ramen noodles (break up the noodles)
1 cup slivered almonds (I left this out because I didn't have any)
1 cup sunflower seed kernels
1 bunch green onions, chopped

Combine all of these top ingredients

1/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup oil
3/4 cup splenda or sugar
2 beef packets from ramen noodles
Mix liquid and sugar
Pour over dry ingredients
Refrigerate overnight
Toss all ingredients before serving to make sure flavors are distributed evenly.


I promise you that you will LOVE this recipe.  I fixed it for a ladies fellowship group last night and it was a big hit.

Did you notice the bowl it's in?  Got that baby at IKEA when I was in Florida for vacation.  Love it...

I would love to know if you try this recipe and what you think about it.

 
Linking up today with Jen for her Tasty Tuesday Party.
Print

11 comments:

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

This does sound good! I wouldn't use the beef packets because I'm a vegetarian, but following the other directions sounds wonderful. I think ramen comes in vegetable broth??
Wow, I may make it tonight and have it for lunch tomarrow!
Thanks,
Kelly

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Wow...that looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
I wanted to thank you for your recent visits and sweet comments you've left on my blog. I sure do appreciate it!! Sorry that it took me a while to get back to you. I just got home from my trip.
Have a great day!
~ Jo :)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Sounds yummy! Looks like the perfect recipe for a hot summer day!

Rene said...

This looks great. I am always on the look out for summer dinners that don't heat up the kitchen.

I hope you are well.

-Rene

cityfarmer said...

oh I've tried this ... ate the whole bowl!

it seems no matter where you take it or serve it, it's a winner

thanks for following me ... now I'm following u

Ginger said...

Someone at our church brings this to potlucks, and I've been wanting a recipe! Thanks!

Prior said...

I have been wanting this recipe, as well! So, Thanks! Lezlee

Debbie said...

I'm going to put this on my must try list because while I love cabbage, I dislike traditional cole slaw because of the dressing. Vinegar based things, however, I LOVE.

And I have loved ramen noodles since they were a mainstay of the diet in the starving college days.

Will try!!

Melissa Miller said...

Amy it sounds delicious! I love chinese food.

Barbara said...

This looks very good, I may just have to try it, thanks for sharing, Hugs an blessings,

Pine Tree Home said...

My aunt made this for a party one year...go figure its ramen soup. Cheap dish that tastes delish.