Thursday, July 15, 2010

Surrounded With Letters and Numbers

I love using letters and numbers when I accessorize my home.  They speak to me.  Really they do...

I love using K for our last name.  I love using the number 9 or any derivative of the number 9 or even if it just has the number 9 somewhere in it.  Yep, 9 is my favorite number, but I think I've told ya'll that before.  I love having my kids names, random words, just whatever really. 

Got way too many photos today, but gonna share them anyway, if you don't mind.




























There are more, but I spared you. (or saved them for another post)

What about you?  Do you use letters and numbers in your house? 

Do you have a favorite number?  I would love to know what it is and why.  I enjoy reading your thoughts so please share if you have a minute.


Print

11 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

My favorite number is 2 and has been since I was a kid. You can find it in many of my posts. I wouldn't have minded more photos in your post at all.

Creative Ambitions said...

I'm def feeling the letter K! :) My fav number has always been 7... I always felt that it was connected to the Lord so I guess that's why. If I ever have to choose an number it's usually 7. Aesthetically though... I like 3 and 5. Don't know why. Maybe the curves???

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek said...

I don't have a favorite number, and I really don't use a lot of letters, either, although I love the idea. I do have a small collection of Os.

Debbie said...

You can't post enough pictures for me! I'm so visual that I enjoy it. I love words and numbers (mostly words with me). That metal basket with the frames and the crafty thing with your kids' names? LOVE THAT!!

Barbara said...

Not so much, we do use the letter H that is my last inital, and we love the number 7, that is my complete family, and also God's number, so we do use that much, thanks for sharing Barbara

Kolein said...

I love posts with LOTS of pics!!!!

I like using C now in our home a bit. Not too much. In my studio downstairs right now.

I really like symbols. I have an & that I keep meaning to display somewhere!!! I'd like to find some others. " " ! ( )

I like the number 4. Written in old English style. I can't really show you here...hmmm....I'll try to figure that one out. It's all curvy and curly!!!

FlyAwayHome said...

I stubbled across your blog this morning and have really enjoyed your posts. Great blog, I will definitely be back.

Red Door Home said...

Letters and numbers have such a great graphic quality. I understand why you love them so much.

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

I love typography...especially in vintage and antique signs. I don't have a favorite letter or number, though I have friends that do. Great post, Amy!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Love all the pictures you shared. I wanted to see more...I always think my posts are going to be to long too.
I need some numbers here, love them.
Londen

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Our favorite number is 11. Actually 11:11. When we were first married many moons ago, we would look at our old clock and before we turned to go to sleep, it would be 11:11. Now, it should be 8:55!!