Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Simply Lovely Wedding...Using Burlap

I have been to a lot of weddings but never to one that used burlap.  Yes, you heard me right, burlap. It was a simple yet beautiful wedding sprinkled with two things that I love...burlap and white.

Didn't get many pictures, but you will get the idea from what I did take.






Simple yet lovely...don't you agree?

If I got to do my wedding again, I would love to have an outdoor wedding and be able to incorporate some of these things that I love.  I would love to throw in some amazing vintage loveliness also. 

I have grown to appreciate the more simple things.  My mother calls them "simply elegant".  I like that.
Print

11 comments:

Prior said...

Yes, I love it, too. I sometimes want to renew my vows just to do it up the way I like now, but then I remember it is a lot of work. And so far, the two weddings our kids have had I got to add touches I enjoyed! Lezlee

Barbara said...

Yeah Amy I like that too, sounds like an expression I would use myself, they turned out gorgeous, and yes very simply elegant. Hugs

Tara said...

Looks divine...Simplicity at it's best...I loved the flowers,Gerberas are my favourite..

Pine Tree Home said...

Wouldn't it be fun to do your wedding over again? I wish I could.

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek said...

That is gorgeous! I planned an outdoor wedding, and then it rained. :(

Ginger said...

Love the "windows"! If I could marry my man all over again, I would simplify everything...and wear green shoes, but that's another story! :)

{Vintage Sweet Pea} said...

looks beautiful! my fall 2008 wedding was based on burlap and sunflowers!

Debbie said...

I agree completely about the outdoor wedding AND the simplicity. There was one in my hometown recently that had this same feel. It was wonderful, right up my younger daughter's alley. I love their use of burlap. Simple elegance is right!

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

It's just beautiful...love the tent.

Jill said...

My daughter is getting married next June and she has mentioned she wants burlap in the decor. It must be a new thing--and I'm lovin' the idea. Her wedding will be in church but the reception is going to be outside so it could work really well. Thanks for the photos!

Melanie@The Old White Cottage said...

Wow ... you'd never think burlap for a wedding but that's beautiful!