Sunday, May 16, 2010

How I Am Pampering Myself Cheaply and Naturally...

Blogs are a wonderful source of information.

I recently came upon some neat ways to pamper myself using some simple ingredients we have at home.

For Mother's Day, I gave this recipe for Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub to my oldest daughter and asked her to make it for me.  Both my girls had fun making this gift for me.



It says it's for hands, but I use it all over.  It feels great!

I also found this video blog from Keeper Of the Home about cleansing your face with oil. 

Take a look, even if it sounds crazy to you.  I have made up mine and have used it several times this past week and it makes my face feel wonderful.  Another love has been found and it's cheap.

I also ordered me a treat from Sweet Grass Farm.



The lotion is Shea Butter Lotion-Lavender, and it smells incredible.  I love lavender!  The soap is Rosemary Lavender.  I haven't used it yet, but can't wait.

I also ordered Spring Chicken Muscle Rub for the athlete in my house. 

I would highly recommend you trying any of these things I've told you about.

Make sure to let me know if you try them and what you think about them.

I will leave you with this little bit of pampering for your eyes from me to you...










Print

11 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I saved those links for the lemon scrub and the brown sugar and vanilla scrub and had planned to make them for myself. What I should have done is given them to my oldest son and had him make them for me for Mothers day! You are brilliant! Well maybe it's not to late to ask him to make it for me. :)

Katie said...

Having your daughter make you the scrub was a great idea! Can you give us the run-down on the oil cleansing? Hubby's watching TV and I don't want to interrupt with the video.

Cristin said...

The lemon hand scrub sounds great! Darling blog too.

xo,
cristin

Stephanie Lynn said...

Amy - What a wonderful gift! Thanks so much for the link! I greatly appreciate it! I have to check out the Sweet Grass Farm - The products look and sound fabulous! I am so glad you are taking some time to pamper yourself..Thanks for the reminder...I always seem to forget about little ole me. Hope you enjoyed your day! Have a great week! Thanks again! Stephanie Lynn

P.S. the wire basket is gorgeous!

Barbara said...

That indeed is a great gift, I am happy it has made you happy and reived, lots of hugs for your day from your friend at http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/ Barbara

Barbara said...

That indeed is a great gift, I am happy it has made you happy and revived, lots of hugs for your day from your friend at http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/ Barbara

Kolein said...

Funny, Sweet Grass Meats is where we get our organic meat from!!! Love the lemon hand scrub. I will be making it for sure and will let you know when I do! Can't wait to check out the oil cleansing, too! I love all things natural!!!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Those all sound wonderful! I think pampering is a must :)

Miss Gracie's House said...

Great stuff...I've heard of some of these...I'll have to check 'em out! That little wire basket is a treasure, for sure!
Have a great day,
Rene'

Kimberley's Front Porch Swing said...

Are you still cleaning your face with the oil? Let us know how it's going. I keep reading about this, but I'm a little afraid to try it.

Kimberley's Front Porch Swing said...

Thanks for letting me know about the oil is working. I'll have to go out to get a second oil this weekend to give it a try. I also want to try the sugar scrub. I bet it smells really good.