Thursday, May 20, 2010

Eye Appointments and Thrifting

For the last seven weeks, my son and I have driven to Nashville once a week for vision therapy.  On these dr. appointment days, he graciously goes thrifting with me.

We have tried out several different Goodwill stores, a couple of thrift stores and the Nashville Flea Market.

Today was flea market day! 

It was pouring down rain, but we pressed on like any good shopper would do, right?

My sweet son never complained.  Rain pouring down, helping hold my bags and acting excited when I found green mason jars and burlap bags.  He is a gooood son.

I didn't have a lot of time, but did find time to snag a few goodies.










A few cool things, huh?

I'll show you sometime soon what I did with most of it. 

If you ever get close to Nasvhille on the third weekend of the month, you really need to stop by and do a little shopping.  I love that I can get my green jars for $1 and $2 at the flea market and they are way more than that at an antique store.  And, my linens were only a dollar a piece.  I got some great deals!!

Have a great upcoming weekend!

Posting over at Finding Fabulous.
Print

14 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Oh man do I want to go shopping in Tenn. sometime! You always find the best things!!

Debbie said...

Is that an old pocket watch down in the corner?

And yes... he is a GOOD SON. I think you are also raising a young man who will be a great husband. Hope he marries a girl who likes to thrift. What fun that would be!

I can't wait to see what you do with it all. I am always impressed.

How is the flood damage in Nashville?

handbags*n*pigtails said...

Great finds Amy! Im esp loving the pocketwatch and that basket would be perfect to paint numbers on! Its all great though. Im headed out now to hit some sales in between preK dropoff and pickup:)
Sarah
HandbagsNPigtails.blogspot.com

linda t said...

Oh Amy, I love your finds!!
And how exciting that you're going to IKEA next week. Be sure you check out the 'as is' section... it's filled with all the display items that are already put together and also returned items. Incredible prices! And so far we've never had to put anything together because we only buy 'as is'... and we happen to live a mile from IKEA :) Yes, rather dangerous.
Now I have to go check out your past posts. Love your blog!

Katie said...

Great finds. I LOVE vintage linens and those are just adorable.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Look at all your fabulous finds! Yes, you have a good son. You are blessed. Are those dried hydrangeas in the basket? Love the blue jars. So jealous!

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Super great finds, Amy! I love each and every one of them!

Kenzie said...

Thank you for the visit today! Such great finds! I especially like the mason jars!

Mary Ellen said...

Amy so glad you stopped by! I so agree with you about the best before and after of all !! Great to meet another sis in Christ!

I love your finds- looks like we would be great junkin buddies except we'd be fighting over the same junk!!

bee blessed
mary

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Thanks for that sweet comment....Have a wonderful weekend...

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Hi Amy!
Great stuff! Way better than the thrift stores in my neck o' the woods. :-)

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Anne

Lloyd said...

What a wonderful blog you have. I really enjoyied reading the posts and the music if great. God bless, Lloyd

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Hi Amy! Returning your blog visit - you found such great stuff! Hopefully my son will be as sweet as yours is someday. :)

Kolein said...

I'm loving the pocket watch!!!! Great finds, Amy!!!