Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bedroom Wall Art On the Cheap

I love good solid frames with straight lines, so when I find them, I buy them and just wait for a need.

I found these plain frames at Goodwill for just a few dollars...



I took this piece of material...



(this is a furniture fabric sample that a friend shared with me from a huge stash she had gotten)
I have lots more of these that I can do different things with...

I used the fabric and some paint to get two of these...


I also took some old organ sheet music of my grandmothers,

and ended up with inexpensive and unique wall art for my bedroom...






Can you see the name of the song on the wall?

"Melody of Love"...Fitting, don't you think?

Linking up over at A Soft Place To Land and the lovely Faded Charm.
Print

12 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

very pretty.
nice touch frame the fabric samples.

they look "old" and faded... beautiful

Prior said...

very cool, great creative mind thoughts going on! Lezlee

Amber said...

oooooh, inspiration at my fingertips!
Great idea :)

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I think you did a great job...we can never have enough of those frames either!!

McCarthy Designs said...

Great art work, it's is nice that you incorporated your Grandmothers organ music, gives it a beautiful personal touch. xx

Debbie said...

I really like this. I'm a fan of using music in decorating. The group you put together looks lovely!

Angela said...

Oh girl, you have given me great idea. I have something very similar to your fabric. I never thought of doing that .WOW

Katie said...

That is gorgeous! LOVE the fabric - I always nab those samples when I can get them. They make great pillow covers. I just put a coordinating fabric on the back!

Victoria said...

Very pretty, I love the framed sheet music:)

sissie said...

Very beautiful and a great idea. Love it.
Your bedroom walls are the prettiest color.

hugs
Sissie

Kolein said...

Amy, you have got that special creative touch! The trio look antiquey hanging there on the wall....fantastic choice of song, too! You've definitely got the eyes for making these creations! I agree with Sissie about the wall color...it's so pretty!

miss ya,
~Kolein

Jennifer Rizzo said...

I love to colors! It looks great!