Saturday, March 27, 2010

Look What $5 Got Me

My sweet friends, I have to show you one of my favorite purchases from GW to date.

This find will go above a piece of furniture in my newly (in the process of being) painted dining room.   It is old, kind of hard to see into, but I love it and it is just what I needed. 

And, she was $9.99 with a yellow tag.  Yep, the yellow tags were 50% off that day.  Hooray for me, I got her for $5.00.

Can you tell I was excited with this find?




I assume this mirror was on a dresser at some point in her life. 

 But, that day she sat all alone, waiting for me to bring her to my home and giver her a little lovin...

I have to get back to painting now.

  Just wanted to stop in and say hello and tell you all to have a blessed day.


Print

13 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my, it IS beautiful. Something I would definitely have picked up for myself too..which I'm actually just getting ready to head out the door to look for some goodies myself at the Good will store..yahoooooooooo

Marla said...

Amy, that is a fantastic mirror! What a steal, I am sure it will be amazing in your dining room! Happy weekend! Marla

judi said...

ooohh nice find! look forward to seeing what you do with it.
~judi ;)

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

What a beautiful mirror, and at a steal of a price! You lucky girl. It's going to look great, well, it already does, but when you work your magic it will look even better.
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Marcia

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a beautiful mirror! And the price...WOW!!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Fantastic find!

Debbie said...

I'll be waiting to see the TA DA moment.

Five bucks... what a score!

Get Your Martha On said...

Lovely!

Penny Sue said...

I love this blog too! Great inspiration. I have a gift shop that I haven't had open for quite some time... but I'm hoping this spring/summer to be a little more encouraged to try harder. My goal is to take old things and re-create something purposeful/useful out of them. I've found some really great stuff at the gw too, and it helps keep my price down.

Look forward to keeping in touch,
Penny Sue

Heidi said...

Can't wait to see how you finished it!

Tina said...

Hi Amy ~ WOW what a gorgeous mirror and what an amazing price!! I think it had been sitting there just waiting for you to bring it home and give it a new life:) Thank you for stopping by my blog to day and for your lovely comment. Happy painting ~ Tina

Screaming Meme said...

You are such a lucky girl...I LOVE IT! Great job! :) Meme

AtOneWithHim said...

Our GW stinks. No matter when or how often. I don't find such goodies..but I'm still happy you found this beauty.. and rescued her.