Monday, March 8, 2010

A Little Project Just For the Fun Of It

Did you work out in your yard this weekend?  Oh, we did, and it was just wonderful.  We worked in our garden getting it all tilled up, planted some seeds and cut down a few trees.  I love any and all kinds of outside work.  I just love being outside.

While hubby was cutting down a tree, I asked him to slice me a few pieces to do something fun with.

Ok, I know we don't really need coasters outside, but I thought it would be fun to make some anyway. 




By the way, I think this tree was about sixteen years old, in case you were wondering.

I just freehand painted numbers on these from 1-9...I need to have my hubby cut one more for me so I will have an even number.  We like even numbers...


Here they all are numbered and sealed with a clear acrylic paint to seal them.


Ready to use...



There you go, nothing fancy, pretty or even really necessary, but they were fun to make and now our guests can put their drinks down on their favorite numbers and will be able to keep up with which drink is theirs.

I am going to link this little project up over at:  Twice Remembered, Cottage Instincts, and Keeping It Simple & A Soft Place to Land
Print

13 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Those are great!! The weather was beautiful here in Kansas too. I love seeing everyone out and about! We've been cooped up for too long!!

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

So cute! What a fun and unexpected addition to an outdoor space! I was impressed with just the thought of using them as coasters. The addition of the numbers is extra special!

Amy

Kaysi said...

Those are fun! Next time we cut down a tree, I'll have to do something like this!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Cute idea! Funny about the even numbers.

Jenna said...

Love this idea!!! too bad I have no trees around!

Jessica Hills said...

Those are cute!

Anonymous said...

But 9 is your favorite number! You can't get another one. I love your little project.

Love and miss you,
Nee Naw

Deborah said...

Very cute idea. Isn't it fun to take something that would be thrown away and make it into something beautiful? I am always looking to find trash and make it into treasure. Good job. :D

Heidi said...

Simple and cute! My dad gave us all keys to their cabin, and the keychain is a cut branch, just like your coasters.

Wendy said...

Ooh, these are very cool!

gail@myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

those are sooo cute! I love numbers! I have a chain saw in the garage.... hmmmm
gail

nostalgia*gal said...

Morning Amy and as always LOVE your projects! Great idea going one step further and putting the numbers on them.
I am wondering what you are going to do with the Bingo cards. Cannot wait to see what you do with them.

Sent an email back to you earlier this week, did you receive it?
Blessings!
cindykay

Kolein said...

What a great idea!