Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beaded Lampshade and Favorite Flea Market Find

I want to give you a quick look at a lampshade I fixed up to go on my new favorite silver table from the Nashville Flea Market.

First of all let me tell you that I needed  a new shade to go on a lamp I already had.  I went to Wally World and found lots of shades but none that fit and really none I wanted to pay that much for anyway.  I needed a small shade, you see.  Guess what I found...a lamp on clearance for $2.50 that I didn't like, but the shade was perfect.  I couldn't buy a shade for that price.  So I got the whole set and will sale the lamp at my spring yardsale. 

The little shade went from this...



to this...



to this...



using these...



which were clearanced Christmas beads.

Then this little pretty looked like this all dolled up...



and she sat so pretty on here...



My new silver table from the Flea Market!!

This little table is, for now, (I have to say that because I move stuff all the time) in my guest room next to a beautiful antique bed.  Very unexpected, but very nice, I think.

Here's another look...



and another...



Notice the bottom shelf holds an extra blanket so if our guests get cold.  This afghan was made by my step mother.  It also has a basket full of goodies in case a needed toiletry item is forgotten.

Did you by any chance notice this great little clock?



I got her on clearance also at Wal-Mart for $2.50.  They must be doing some moving out of old items because a lot of their stuff was on sale.  I loved this clock.

There you have it, my new cheap beaded lampshade and my great silver table.  Oh yeah, and my cute little clock that has the loudest alarm I have ever heard.  Such fun things...


I am linking up to several parties tonight...




Print

13 comments:

sjmcdowell said...

Ha Ha Ha!! I like what you said about your clock!! I gave my Mom one thats similar it's red with Betty Boop on it, but my poor Mom is sooo hard of hearing that very loud Betty Boop is unfortunately not loud enough for her but loud anough for us in the other room!
I love what you did with your lamp shade, I bet when the light is on it sparkles!!
Hugsss Susan

Stephie @ Made By Stephie said...

turned out great!!

I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog - come and check it out!!
http://madebystephie.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-giveaway.html

Kolein said...

When I come to your house, can I stay in that room? Love the lamp! And the table is adorable and very functional!!! The prices of those items just blow my mind. Up here, prices are not like that....any where!

Jessi said...

I love the lamp! And the clear beads are perfect. The entire table ensemble--including the table itself--is gorgeous!

sissie said...

Hi Amy,
I swear girl you never cease to amaze me with your creativeness. I love the lampshade, so clever and glamorous! Love that side table too and the way you have it so tastefully displayed.
hugs
Sissie

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Here I thought I was all clever for getting a Goodwill lamp and simply using the shade. You took it to a whole new level. What a great job! It looks fabulous in the vignette atop your new cart. Well done!!

Teri said...

Your lampshade turned out very pretty. It looks great with the rest of your decor!

Blessings~
Teri

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

Your lampshade turned out darling...and I so love the little silver table...it adds an unexpected touch to the room.

mommyx12 said...

The lampshade turned out great. We've done this before. The kids have fun doing stuff like this. I'm not very crafty but my kids are. They knit, crochet, paint, etc. but they've gotten none of it from me.

Heidi said...

It looks really good! I'm slowly learning to re-do things to my taste, as long as it has the right shape that I'm after!

nostalgia*gal said...

Amy! Yes I am shouting with amazement -with your creativeness! You could definitely have a job as a stylist! You have a true talent!
Blessings,
cindykay

Robyn :) said...

I just happened upon your blog from another which I found from another!!! I absolutely love what you did with the lampshade. I am looking for lamps for my livingroom, and having a hard time. This has given me inspiration to redo a small one I have, but I am going to try using colored beads :) Thank you!!

Room to Inspire said...

The lampshade looks fabulous, what a great way to bling it up!

Chelsea