Friday, February 26, 2010

Wedding Coaster

I know we have all been there and done that, but I did one more.

I love the mod podged coasters and have made several different ones, but I have found my favorite and wanted to show you.

I took one of my wedding napkins that I had saved for now almost 20 years and turned it into a wonderful keepsake.




After a little mod podge and just a little effort, I had this...



I love this and, of course, we all know how easy they are to make.

Do you have a wedding napkin, baby shower or another keepsake napkin or piece of paper?  Try it for an awesome way to preserve a memory.  I'm thinkin we could even take a little love note from our hubbies and use that. 


I am linking this easy little project up over at Finding Fabulous and The Shabby Nest and Funky Junk Interiors
Print

14 comments:

Jessi said...

I made several sets of these coasters a few years ago as Christmas gifts for friends and family. They were a hit! I never thought of using napkins with special dates on them. What a great idea!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

What a great idea. I wish I had one. We went to Las Vegas to get married. I know, crazy huh?
Blessings,
Marcia

Lisa said...

What a wonderful idea! I have saved my wedding and shower napkins. I just might have to try this.

Debbie said...

And THIS would be why I love the blogging world. I an absolutely copying this! I love it.

Coincidentally, I recently dragged out the extra box that I had of my old wedding napkins and made some wedding gift tags out of some of them. I have plenty left and wanted to do some things with them. This is a perfect idea. I might do it today, in fact. If not today, I will do some soon.

Great idea!

Shannon said...

Excellent idea! I love this. Thanks for sharing.

Kim@Simply Domestic said...

Very cute!! I need to see if I've saved some of my wedding napkins. You had much better taste back then than I did...I went crazy with the color peach for my wedding. :)

Heidi said...

Now I'm sad I didn't save any napkins! This is such a cute idea. We'll be going on 12 years next month. Woo Hoo!!!

Dawn said...

Ahh! What a fabulous idea!!!! I love it!

Mod Podge Amy said...

So pretty - that's a great idea!

Under the Willow said...

Oh my goodness this is a wonderful way to be creative with wedding napkins, etc... We've had two weddings in the past year and half---I'm going to have to try my hand at this. Thank you for sharing.

Formerly-Corn in My Coffee Pot said...

What a great use of a sentimental object.

Formerly-Corn in My Coffee Pot said...

What a great use of a sentimental object.

Holli Lawson said...

Cute, cute idea. Since you're so much craftier than me, I think I'm going to have to bring a napkin over to you and get you to make me one. lol

I love this blog, Amy. I wish I had your creative mind!

Holli

Shayna Mills said...

Can I ask how you did this? Obviously I haven't been there done that. LOL I love it and would love to do this with my wedding napkins.